GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my car 18 months ago after a six months search. I didn't like the the red accents on the black edition interior so it had to be a premium edition in either white or red.

This is the car I decided on.

The car was standard apart from a 76 mm exhaust . Soon after I bought it I got my self a cobb access port and used a generic map to get to stage 2.

I soon got used to this so I opted for a 650r conversion with down pipes. This really liven the car up but the exhaust on the car did drone a lot. Next on my list was a GTC titan 90mm exhaust which is much better.

At this stage for the next few months I struggled to get the black smoke tuned out on full chat with the cobb so I took it up to JM Imports to switch over to the V4 version on Ecutek which was mapped by Ian at Litchfields and is so much better. Whilst it was there I also changed the front discs over to AP j hooks.

It has been at this stage for a while now. Before buying the gtr I was a keen drag racer but due to work I sold my last car. Here are some of my past cars.

A month or so ago I had my car up for sale as I want to get back to racing. After going to TOTB this year and seeing The GTRs there I changed my mind took my car off the market and started planning more mods.

At the end of the month it will be treated to some carbon accessories and I am in talks regarding the engine upgrade. As the title says I don't where it will end up, I am under no illusion that it will be anywhere near as fast in a straight line as my last drag car, but hoping to end up with a car with good road manors that I can have some fun with at the track and drag strip.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Engine upgrade..

In talks with Jurgen at at JM Imports on a 850 conversion. Transmission wise I am planning a 14 plate clutch and circlips, and diff brace. I might have to cap the torque to save the standard gears though.

Turbos wise I have have options of SVM stage 3 units are these IHI based ?
Litchfields LM 850 tutbos, are they any others that people have used or can reccommend ?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Engine upgrade..

In talks with Jurgen at at JM Imports on a 850 conversion. Transmission wise I am planning a 14 plate clutch and circlips, and diff brace. I might have to cap the torque to save the standard gears though.

Turbos wise I have have options of SVM stage 3 units are these IHI based ?
Litchfields LM 850 tutbos, are they any others that people have used or can reccommend ?
Are you building the engine too? Rods and Pistons?

I normally advise to go with the smallest turbos to reach your power goals. However, I would personally go with EFR6758s as they will give you more headroom (~900bhp on VPower) if you decide to for a bit more power and according to reports they spool very well. Litchfield sell them, but ask Iain what he would recommend for your goals.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far the plans is for pistons and rods but standard cams.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I can stick some JUN cams for not a lot of money mate ;) may aswell once engine is out.

Check your fb messege ref turbos - have maybe ideal solution.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok mate will do.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I can stick some JUN cams for not a lot of money mate ;) may aswell once engine is out.

Check your fb messege ref turbos - have maybe ideal solution.
Jun cams is a good idea for not a lot of dollar :cool:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was up at JM Imports for a service MOT to get some carbon bits fitted and discuss the engine upgrade. Jm imports has got some great new wheel alignment gear in :)
The service and MOT went without a hitch which is more than I can say for the carbon. Major fitment issues , and I have emailed and phoned the supplier to arrange for me to send it back for a refund. So I will see where that goes.

Looking to get my car booked in for the engine late this year or early next year just to tie in with one or two things. I am going for a kind of street sleeper , jack of all trades car that will hopefully do high nine second quarter miles.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice find . I think this is a little more than I am looking for though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers hodge but I can't take credit for the car there on Saturday as mine was only there yesterday

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Out tomorrow to test drive some new turbos. Looking forward to see what they can do.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Test drive went very well so that is just about the engine spec and turbos worked out, along with transmission upgrades.

Project is now going to be a 9 second full street car spec.

Looking forward to kicking this off soon.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On my shopping list so far.
CP pistons and rods
Jun cams
SVM GT950 turbos
AMS or SRD intercooler
Upgraded fuel pump
4 bar map sensor
14 plate clutch
Circlip upgrade
Transmission braces

I may have to sell a kidney or a child to pay for it, but it will be worth it ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
On my shopping list so far.
CP pistons and rods
Jun cams
SVM GT950 turbos
AMS or SRD intercooler
Upgraded fuel pump
4 bar map sensor
14 plate clutch
Circlip upgrade
Transmission braces

I may have to sell a kidney or a child to pay for it, but it will be worth it ;)
Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds very familiar. Very reminiscent of the JM-Imports "Chunks" spec :chuckle:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I have no idea why I would want the same spec as yours, it's like I had been from a passenger rise in yours and thought yep this is for me. ;)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So my spec is finally worked out. Jurgen has picked most of the parts from other builds he has done mainly the engine internals as he know they work. A few little chages from before I am now going to use the new litchfields intercooler with the revised routing of the pipe work and new intakes. After thinking about going to Syvecs it just not in my budget at the moment so sticking with EcuTek for the time being. One upgrade on this front is the new fuel pressure loom that plugs into the EcuTek which will provide safety features when it detects low pressure etc.

Car is booked in middle of next month and when it will comes back it will have been transformed from a 4.25/650r to a JM950r.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts