GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from Santa Pod "run what you brung", and as i had "brung" my GTR along i thought i would give it a go.

What an amazing thing that is to do.

I managed a time of 11.9 at 118.7 mph! not too bad for only my second go.

The good thing is you can now take passengers so i have some really good HD footage which i will post just as soon as i work out how to.

I met a guy there called Jamie who had a White R32 (i think) which was mental quick 124 mph, not too sure of the time but awesome to watch.

He said he is on here but i cant remember his user name, so if your reading this and some stranger let you drive his R35 today, get in touch.:chuckle:

Here is an edited video of the first run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TpUgcO050s

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Hello

Yea it was me :) I still can't stop talking about being aloud to drag an r35 by some guy i have never met before. lol. Thanks ever so much you have made me a very happy man. Can't believe you actually liked my car. hahaha.

So i have now offically done a 12.4 in an R35 GTR :) :) :)

Yea i done a 11.2 @125mph. Fastest car all day :) Over the moon with that as my personal best in the old set up was 11.1 @133mph. Really struggled for traction today. After you left i done 2 more runs and the car was all over the place at mid track. :)

Once again mate thank you ever so much. I cant stop grinning ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

Yea it was me :) I still can't stop talking about being aloud to drag an r35 by some guy i have never met before. lol. Thanks ever so much you have made me a very happy man. Can't believe you actually liked my car. hahaha.

So i have now offically done a 12.4 in an R35 GTR :) :) :)

Yea i done a 11.2 @125mph. Fastest car all day :) Over the moon with that as my personal best in the old set up was 11.1 @133mph. Really struggled for traction today. After you left i done 2 more runs and the car was all over the place at mid track. :)

Once again mate thank you ever so much. I cant stop grinning ;)
AHA!

Hello mate, glad to hear from you again, we did look around for you befor we left but couldn't see you anywhere, are you up there next weekend?

we have some really cool video of you in my car which i will post soon.
P.M me your e mail address and ill forward it when its done.

And i am am SO glad you didnt beat me in my own car! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
If you let me launch it i would off. hahahaha :chuckle:

Not sure i will be there next weekend as the car took a beating today along with my wallet. lol.

Next time I'm down there i will send you a pm so we can meat up again BUT you have to promiss to come out in my car with me or even have ago yourself :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you let me launch it i would off. hahahaha :chuckle:

Not sure i will be there next weekend as the car took a beating today along with my wallet. lol.

Next time I'm down there i will send you a pm so we can meat up again BUT you have to promiss to come out in my car with me or even have ago yourself :)
LOL, not too sure my pants will take a run on my own, i would though love to be co-pilot.

P.M sent. :p

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Spooky REM mate !!! Well done tho

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
hahahaha @ Tony :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
_shaun_ said:
Is that right?:eek: Cool!
Yep passengers now allowed - have to pay a tenner and show a full UK licence IIRC.

Sounds like a cool day out, i'll definately be up there when the weather improves, need someone to take my car up the strip, show me how its done.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep passengers now allowed - have to pay a tenner and show a full UK licence IIRC.

Sounds like a cool day out, i'll definately be up there when the weather improves, need someone to take my car up the strip, show me how its done.
Ask Madden, he seems to know what he is doing!:bowdown1:

There is another RWYB this Sunday coming, you should come along its really good fun.

I will be there with my mate who is running his SL55 AMG too!

£10 to get in (Spectating)
£25 to run your car (Unlimited goes)
£10 to take a passenger with you.

DONT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR LICENSE! (both driver and passenger) oh, and a crash helmet if you manage over 100MPH, they do sell them there and they are only £35.00

It is really good fun and no different to spanking your car up the road, only a LOT safer (other cars and people) and totally legal.

See you Sunday. :cool:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
SMIKEE and MADDEN - Given you two got along famously at the Pod at the weekend and as Jamie is keen on attending the 30-130 event can I ask you both to help raise interest in the 30-130 event across the R35 and R32/4sections - it's be great to have a good spread of models at the event.

cheers, Malc

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Already on it mate :)

Smikee you getting your arse to 30-130 then? You will love it.

About time that an r35 is getting put through its pase's :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SMIKEE and MADDEN - Given you two got along famously at the Pod at the weekend and as Jamie is keen on attending the 30-130 event can I ask you both to help raise interest in the 30-130 event across the R35 and R32/4sections - it's be great to have a good spread of models at the event.

cheers, Malc
Hi Malc,

What is the 30-130 event?

sorry but i am a Noob!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Haha - Smikee, I like your style!

See details here

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130987-ra...3th-march.html

By the way this is just about the widest smoothest 1.5mile of tarmac runway you will find anywhere, possibly in the world, it also sheds water like a ducks back if it rains.

You will do a rolling 30mph start through the timer trap to record the 30-130 time, so no worries about anyone breaking anything on hard launches.

If you want to go for a top speed attempt you can build speed before and as you turn onto the runway so you'll be doing maybe 70-80 at the start with then another 1.5miles to build speed after that!

Tweenie's car with Justin driving recorded 198.9mph last year.

Everything gets GPS data logged and results are posted on 40" plasma screens. There is a full briefing from the RAF!

Just a shame we don't get to race a Tornado...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts