GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I didn't even notice :(

Haven't driven the car in 3 weeks. It sits on my drive.

Other day i decide to remove my spoiler end caps, and know theres an allan key in the centre console.

Press the blipper on my keys and nothing happens. ****ing battery's flat.

So, get the charger, open the boot with the key and put it on charge.

Leave it a day, come back reconnect it.

open the doors and notice the glove box and centre console are open. Stereo faceplate is on the passenger seat with my sunglasses and everything else seems to be there. Trying to think why i might have left them open? What did i open them for? Struggling to think, then notice, jammed down the side of my stereo, something gold.

It looks like a broken key. It IS a broken key. Further inspection shows sratches and gouges at either side of my head unit. someones been in here.

How, i cannot fathom. The stereo is bolted in, so they were obviously chancers as nothing else was taken, not even a credit card in the centre console, or the EDFC, but i'm SURE the car was locked, but the locks and doors are in tact.

****ing annoying as its made me nervous. ive also got no idea at all when it happened, apart from the fact they left the interior light on, so it must have been after dark and THAT'S why my battery went flat

mook

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
sorry to hear this mook, at least everything is still there but i suppose thats not the annoying bit, you just annoyed that someone was in your motor (i be the same :()

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sorry to hear that, sounds like opportunist rather than targeting. But glad to hear nothing was taken.

My BMW opens itself once in a while...could that have happened?

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could have unlocked itself in my pocket... but locked itself after it was broken into?

mook

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sorry i missed that part. Skim reading :(

I know this is a stupid question, but are you 100% it was locked?

I had the same when my clubs were stolen from my car, i came up with all sorts of plausible stories. Turns out the simplest was probably the most likely. The car was unlocked. How is still a matter for discussion in my head :D

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you might be right

i opened the door with the key, and the lock was partly frozen, so it took some wiggling and may have been unlocked already.

oh well, at least no real damage was done.

mook

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sorry to hear Mook glad to know nothing was taken or seriously damaged! I wouldn’t like the feeling of someone being in my car, it would make my blood boil!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Oh Mook!! How very scary for you sweetie!!

Plug your car into the National Grid...next time the ****ers touch the car...well goodnight sweethearts! yeah I know you can't do that...but there's a market for it though!!! ;)

Big hugs!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Sounds like kids, its my worst nightmare. I had a good alarm fitted to mine but as you say if the battery goes then its next to useless! Your then just left with physical barriers.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Some alarms used to unlock the when the battery goes flat. Worth a try?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hate theives. Glad to hear nothing major happened Mook.
It's just unfortunate that we have to worry about people like that. Little b*stards.

Justin

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Battery was defo flat due to interior light. As csb says just chancers

I got off lightly I reckon, and have now removed everything not bolted down from the car

mook

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
You have no idea how idea how easy it is to get into an R33.

I once turned up at a garage with the GF's on the back of a trailer needing the exhaust manifold replacing. Managed to lock the keys in the damm thing, they had it unlocked in less than 3 minutes.

Simon

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate.
Use that car more often!

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Fact they didn't take your credit card and couldn't remove the hifi sounds like kids... You might have left the car open by accident.

One friend used to leave his car open with nothing inside to steal. At least that way if anyone wanted to get inside they wouldn't smash the glass. It was only an MG Metro though :p

Don't leave the hifi face on the car...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts