GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, been loads going on.

Loads more spec and way to much to list so i will keep it short.

Basically new tubs,cams, ecu etc etc

However a quick thanks to MGT Racing for what they have done so far! I contacted them and told them i need the car finished this week! Marc told me to bring the car down and has worked hard fitting my cams,shimming, injectors etc, i think Garth has taken over with the wiring of boost controler, HKS Fcon Pro and some other little bits.

Well its now ready for the dino/mapping tomorrow so cant wait to see the results! Im hoping for a minimum of 600bhp but we will see how it goes.

I will get the dino vids up tomorrow for you all. Anyway here are a few pics that marc sent me----

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Looking good Matty :thumbsup:

You'll get some stick for the clear cover, some on here say they're gay, personally I like the look of them, especially with nice new shiny cam wheels :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good Matty :thumbsup:

You'll get some stick for the clear cover, some on here say they're gay, personally I like the look of them, especially with nice new shiny cam wheels :)

I am GAY so i guess i have no worries ! LOL

What untill i put the rebuild thread up, i have even crome platted the exhaust heatshields etc and replacing all the bolts for stainless steel etc.

Marc at MGT Racing keep looking at the bits, called me a "tit" or simular and walked off laughing, i think the chrome and the painting of the underside of my car was a little to much for him ! :smokin:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Looks cool mate...what tubbies did you go for ?

I like the clear cam cover look personally...however (and I didn't listen to people when I had mine fitted), it WILL look poo in about 6 months time unless you want to go to the hassle of removing the CAS and cleaning the inside of it regularly.

Don't loose you're old one, it's got your Nismo engine plaque on it :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The engine looks really nice. Other cams can make a huge difference ;)
thanks, when you say " Other cams can make a huge difference"

you mean other as different to standard or 'other' as in different to HKS?

if you mean HKS, the boxes in the pics are only there to hold the cams. We have fitted tomie cams.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks cool mate...what tubbies did you go for ?

I like the clear cam cover look personally...however (and I didn't listen to people when I had mine fitted), it WILL look poo in about 6 months time unless you want to go to the hassle of removing the CAS and cleaning the inside of it regularly.

Don't loose you're old one, it's got your Nismo engine plaque on it :)
Dont worry, im transplating the 'nismo' badge. I have also kept every original part (nismo) that i have changed so the car can be put back to nismo spec in the future .

Im running apexi b60 tubs. About the same as HKS 25/30's but with a bit more torque i belive?

O and i dont mind removing the cam cover every few months to give it a clean :thumbsup:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Cool....did it have N1's or stock R34's ones before ?
(Sorry I dunno what the S1 engines run)

It's removing/refitting the CAS so that you can get the Cam cover off that I never trusted myself to do !

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I am GAY so i guess i have no worries ! LOL

What untill i put the rebuild thread up, i have even crome platted the exhaust heatshields etc and replacing all the bolts for stainless steel etc.

Marc at MGT Racing keep looking at the bits, called me a "tit" or simular and walked off laughing, i think the chrome and the painting of the underside of my car was a little to much for him ! :smokin:

:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool....did it have N1's or stock R34's ones before ?
(Sorry I dunno what the S1 engines run)

It's removing/refitting the CAS so that you can get the Cam cover off that I never trusted myself to do !
I will make a template that will bolt else where that i willl use to remove the CAM sensor etc. Hence easy remove and relign

However MGT Racing are only 15 mins away from me so i will probo just go there and do my work. Im sure they wont charge me much to do daft jobs and check stuff for me. Also they get to check the car over.

Im not sure what the turbos are that came off. I think they are standard? No idea to be honest. But saying that, the car left Nismo running 1.25 bar of boost.

·
Registered
272 Posts
ok, I mean timing can make a huge difference. So other cams then standard can make a huge difference, but also Tomei in stead of HKS can make a huge difference.
From which sort of HKS vcams are you coming from and to which Tomei cams are you changing?

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Fair enough mate.

Hmmmm can't of been stock ones at 1.25 bar though as people seem to recon 1.15 is the max 'safe' limit on them.

Quick google search says....they run S1 turbos, LOL, so no idea what spec they are ;)

New cams, turbos, piepwork, ecu etc...simular to my first power hike o the R32. It was like a different car when it came back...enjoy it :smokin:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, I mean timing can make a huge difference. So other cams then standard can make a huge difference, but also Tomei in stead of HKS can make a huge difference.
From which sort of HKS vcams are you coming from and to which Tomei cams are you changing?
Im changing from what we guessed was standard, however the old cams coming out the car are not standard we think? I guess the old cams would be NISMO as its a Nismo built car?

I dont know what was in to be honest!

The new cams are tomie. Again im not sure what they are. I will find out tomorrow for you.

Best to ignore the HKS boxes tho! They was just spare boxes we used to protect the old cams. Sorry i f i have confused with the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
mapping

alright mate, hope all went well today.you dont happen to know of anyone who"s got a second hand set of 1000cc fuel injectors do you??:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts