GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well finished painting my car yesterday and all I can say is I`m VERY pleased with it and can`t wait to put it back together now:)

Hard to tell what its going to look like when its outside as at the moment its only been in the workshop with artificial lighting but it looks even better in the flesh than the pictures :)

Heres the pics for you.

P.S Guy I`m at work today so if you out and about pop by and have a look if you want and I`m sure i can sort out a cheque at the same time :) If not I`ll send it in the week for you.

Seeya

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Richard,

Nice paint job!

Is that Perlescent paint? [excuse spelling]
Looks like it changes colour depending on the light.

Whets the spec' on the paint?

Type,Cost,Preparation how man' of coats of paint....etc.

Charlie.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

The paint uses Chroma flair crystals which make it change colour when light hits it at different angles which gives a great effect :)

As for cost it would normaly be quite pricey but I work in a family owned bodyshop so its not too expensive :D We worked out that we have used around 1600-1800 pounds worth of meterials ie Paint, hardner, thinners & laquer etc. Thats not including primer and consumables such as sandpaper etc. Its taken 3 days to prep and paint the car so thats not too bad I spose.

As for howmany coats. You have upto 4 coats of black ground coat depending on the original colour of the car. then we done 4 coats of colour and 3 coats of laquer. So my car now weighs a bit more :) I think the whole lot would hos joe public around 4 grand from start to finish!!

seeya

richard

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Vey Nice!!

Richard...

Looks absolutely stunning!! I'm sure it looks 100 times better in the sun...:smokin:

You must be very pleased in having the only R33 in the world in that colour!!;)
Make sure you post a few pictures when it's all back together...and you put those carbon look Nismo bits!

Best of luck with the remainder of the job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At last a Skyline to take the attention away from TVR paint colours.

:D

Lookin' good, can't wait to see some pics of it reassembled and in the sun.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi DCD,

Cool I didn`t really think of it being the only R33 in that colour in the world :) I spose its quite possable!!

I`m going to fit the cams this week and then finish fitting the car up on saturday and sunday. Looking forward too getting it outside to have a look. Also had the windows tinted as I thought it would suit the colour of the car !!!!

Catch ya later

Richard

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Richard,

Wow...even the windows....That is just going to look PERFECT! I would love to show a few pics of your car to certain japanese people...who think that making their cars look nice entails sticking loads of cheap plastic bits on them and funky flashing lights, or my favourite....the nightrider style circuling red stop lights:rolleyes:

Joss....thanks for quietly deleting my silly:( double post!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts