GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
my GTST is running 347Bhp At the hubs and 322lbs torque at 1.2 bar. It has all the usal mods uprated this and that and now just got a twin plate clutch a the standard one has finally given up. Im getting concerned because people say that i should uprate the internals as running 1.2bar will melt them?? just wanted to know if the car will run reliably at this level, Im not after anymore power but dont want the engine to go bang. Also would a better head gasket be recommended? cheers for your help

Jad

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
I'd say that you on the limit of the head gasket but the internals will be fine.
I would recommend an uprated intercooler. The STD one is nowhere near good enough. I destroyed a RB25 with 1 bar after running down the motorway for 20mins flat out. Heat soak followed by monster det caused by very high intake temps were the cause. I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I've been running at that sort of level for the last two years with no major drama.

Had to replace the clutch for an uprated one though, so went with an exedy hyper single :)

I am about to do some sort of engine surgery though, but that is mainly because I want more power :D

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts