GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought maybe you guys would like to see my first experience in a GTR on the Nurburgring / Nordschleife.
The video is from past sunday 18th of may, i got to drive shotgun with a pro-driver at this legendary track. (17th was my birthday :runaway: )

It was during normal Touristenfahrt, so there was quite a bit of traffic.
Tires are going to be replaced next week, because they were shit, and also his brakes have to be replaced.

But, despite the traffic, worn tires and worn brakes, he still managed to clock a 8:08 time, which I think is pretty impressive.:bowdown1:
I also drove shotgun in the Mine's R35 GTR which had alot more power, but that was on public roads so it didn't feel as fast or scary as the "Ring".

Enjoy, Tell me what you think :)

GT-R Bad Girl @ NS 18 mei 2014 met Chris Dreezen - YouTube

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great vid and good driving. Its on my bucket list. That new style Megane was quite handy towards the end. Those things dangling in front of your eyes would have driven me mad.
Yeah the Megane RS is a very fast car at the Nurburgring indeed!
In the car you don't even notice them because you're eyes are too busy trying to tell you that you're going to die :nervous:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice lap. My best ever BTG was 8:29 in a lightly modified Audi B7 RS4 & i'm confident i couldn't have gone any quicker as was certainly an edgy lap:)

Wasn't a regular TF though so traffic ws lighter as we'd been attending the Scuderia Hanseat training course. Never tool my R35 round there but am back again later this year in my current motor:)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Very enjoyable. Did he really take his hands of the wheel and remove his gloves whilst still going at speed. Great driving.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Great vid!

That megane was mighty impressive through the twisty bits :bowdown1:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great lap, those gloves were worth another 10 seconds off your lap :D
How did you have the camera mounted?
He did that upside down mode on the go-pro.
Mount was fitted on the interior light bracket, pasted with some glue.

He just leaves it there always since he drives around 30 laps a month on the ring.

Very enjoyable. Did he really take his hands of the wheel and remove his gloves whilst still going at speed. Great driving.
Yeah he did, i didn't even notice until you said so :D

Great vid!

That megane was mighty impressive through the twisty bits :bowdown1:
Yes, the GTR has the advantage on the start until just after Bergwerk (the fast bits) but the technical part of the ring is in the hands of lightweight high-power FWD's.
I must say, the tires and brakes were not that good anymore and they need to be replaced so maybe with less traffic and those bits and pieces sorted out, we might have passed the Megane.

I also heard that this Megane with license plate E-VO-1 is a guy that practicly lives on the ring and drives it all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Think the car would have gone a lot faster without the tassel thingy's waving around in front of you!!!! Also, the Megane should have moved over (track etiquette) to let you go past as you were obviously faster.

Not a bad job, if you can get it, taking other people cars out, ragging them shitless and leaving them with the bill for tyres and brakes!!!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Great vid mate, thanks for sharing :bowdown1:

Gotta say, my mate runs a megane sport and on the Wales mega hoon I had a chance to follow him a few times across the mountains. Seriously capable cars when pedalled well, and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great stuff - I'd love to do this myself but watching that video, some of the passes made me cringe imagining if it were my car! You really have to trust the other drivers a lot! The Megane certainly looked handy, though it definitely seemed to be holding the GT-R up in a few places.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys :)

There were indeed some moments that were pretty scary, but the guy really knows what he's doing. He has given circuit trainings for 12 years, driven many fast cars on all kinds of tracks so i felt scared sometimes but trusted him not to crash the car :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts