GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Russ Fellows and Andy @ AC Speedtech I have now made my first mod!

I have owned the car since buying new in 2010 and whilst very happy with it have toyed with the idea of a little more noise from the exhaust. Many a time I have been tempted to go down the tried and tested route of a Y-pipe, but have been some what put off by the reports of drone.

I wanted a noise more befitting to the car, but nothing to loud or "boy racer'ish" in sound or style. I decided to have a full system fitted to avoid the y-pipe drone and give scope for further mods.

Having read good things about the Russ Fellows system I contacted him and discussed the options. I decided to retain the standard tips (always liked them) giving a stock appearance.

I met up with Russ at AC Speedtech in Warrington and little over an hour later it was all done.

I am very happy with the exhaust. Quality is top notch and it bolted straight on. Noise wise it retains a stock tone, but more of it. Crusing at motorway speeds is little different to stock, but when planting the right foot it really sings. I'm very happy and can highly recommend it to anyone considering a system.

Couple of pics of old and new.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Welcome to the Russ Fellows club mate. Like Jason says, get DPs for maximum enjoyment :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Good to see someone else recommending Russ Fellows and Andy, was emailing Andy last week about adding downpipes to my stage 4, can't wait for the sound!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about RF systems and I'm with you on retaining stock tip cones - in addition to the exhaust note , any objective measures on weight reduction , HP and torque gains please?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
IIRC the RF system is slightly lighted.

I thinkg its very hard to put exact figures for gains as everyone will have a slightly different tune on there car

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is slightly lighter than stock. I think the details are on his website. Apparently it flows well and has been successfully used in some big power builds.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It is slightly lighter than stock. I think the details are on his website. Apparently it flows well and has been successfully used in some big power builds.
Absolutely correct :smokin:

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the system PhilP :)

Just the full exhaust system (y-pipe and cat-back) normally gives around a 25-45hp increase, in part due to the removal of the second cats, and in part due to slight boost increase the now free flowing system gives. The gains will vary over the different model years and different maps people are running.

It is a 3.5" system which will comfortably flow over well over 800hp with minimal restriction as is well proven. We've been 'tweaking' this configuration for around 4 years now and are very happy with the sound/tone and noise level it currently gives, removing the drone is a prime concern to the long term enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about RF systems and I'm with you on retaining stock tip cones - in addition to the exhaust note , any objective measures on weight reduction , HP and torque gains please?
Yes I went from 3" custom exhaust (not stock) to Russ fellows. We did a before and after dyno. We could see an increase at top end of about 11hp.

I also went up against a few stage 4 cars with the 102mm svm systems at the wales runway event and surprisingly my stage 4 was a tad faster then all of them but more importantly so was my trap speed which says more then a dyno.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes I went from 3" custom exhaust (not stock) to Russ fellows. We did a before and after dyno. We could see an increase at top end of about 11hp.

I also went up against a few stage 4 cars with the 102mm svm systems at the wales runway event and surprisingly my stage 4 was a tad faster then all of them but more importantly so was my trap speed which says more then a dyno.
Thanks Guys....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts