GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im new,just registered today and Im hopfully about to become the proud new owner of a used :) :) 1991 SKYLINE GTR TURBO 4WD :) :)(miles/km 121473) but I live in the states and have no idea if its street leagal or not or if there is a way to make it street legal once I get it, it is being sold from a japanese salvage exporter for USD$7,900 before over seas shipping and after with shipping costs it will be USD$8,400 is this a good deal I have some pics too

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cool. The mileage is a little high, but otherwise, well done. I think you're going to be in for a bit of fun trying to get it on the road, but you could always trailer it to track days. :D

To be fair I'd have thought you would have read up on making it road-legal before buying the thing, but fair play! lol

Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vennuth said:
Cool. The mileage is a little high, but otherwise, well done. I think you're going to be in for a bit of fun trying to get it on the road, but you could always trailer it to track days. :D

To be fair I'd have thought you would have read up on making it road-legal before buying the thing, but fair play! lol

Good luck!

Rob
Thanks for the reply Rob but I just wanted to know what would it take to make this monster road legal ,just emissions? or is there other things I should put on a list lol,
you NEVER really see a NISMO GTR or any Skyline on the road oh I forgot to post the speedometer it says NISMO on it haha its soooo sweet I cant wait to get it!! my girl wants to take it from me hahaha

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
I've got bad news for you. There is no way to make your car road legal. US Customs will likely seize it, either at point of entry or (if they miss it) they'll come to your house in the next few months. You will be out of pocket to the tune of $8,400, and your car will be flogged by the Treasury, probably here.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Its easy to convert your GTR into mph from kmh, there's a converter you can buy for about 60 English pounds, unscrew the cable from the gearbox, screw the converter in its place, screw the cable into the converter, should take all of about..... 2 mins :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may have some trouble getting the car registered, titled and insured. It will depend on the emissons in florida, i'm not sure if it depends on area or not. But you will never get it legalized....this is the sad part. But i have many friends that have both liner's and silvia's that have been successful in getting everthing else done and keeping their cars! And for customs, it usually depends what port and city that the car is imported into...so thats kinda up in the air.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
stu0x said:
I've got bad news for you. There is no way to make your car road legal. US Customs will likely seize it, either at point of entry or (if they miss it) they'll come to your house in the next few months. You will be out of pocket to the tune of $8,400, and your car will be flogged by the Treasury, probably here.

Have a nice day.
:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts