GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has made me a electronic control box that flashes the 3rd brake light, upon applying the brakes, the brake lights will be on at full power for 0.4 seconds after that they will flash rapidly 8 times at 5Hz and then remain on at full power until the brakes are released, if the brakes are re-applied within approx. 8 seconds, the brake lights will go on steady until brakes are released again. this is to prevent distracting the vehicle behind in stop go traffic.
If the brakes are released before the full sequence is complete (1.9 seconds) the sequence restarts from the beginning.
The reason I had this made was that I just wanted to warn other drivers that I was braking, I was rear ended in another car I owned years ago and it was not a good experience.
This device just gets peoples attention quicker than normal brake lights, plus it looks cool:chuckle:
I also no that this is probably not legal but their are cars coming on the market with the same sort of device fitted.
IMG 1761 - YouTube

Bobby

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Good idea, anything to gain that fraction of a second which could mean avoiding a rear end shunt.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Haha what the hell is that music all about?!

Nice mod though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like....well the light effect :chuckle:

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
If drivers can't see the gtr's stock lights when you brake they shouldn't be allowed on the road.... Looks cool though

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is interested in having one of these units please PM me as my mate said he would make some more.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Ive heard of cars that have something similar from the factory - the break lights flash upon hard breaking.
Nice idea

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
If anyone is interested in having one of these units please PM me as my mate said he would make some more.

Bobby
Can he do a version without the music

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Ive heard of cars that have something similar from the factory - the break lights flash upon hard breaking.
Nice idea
I enabled that on the golf with vcds so I guess all recent vw/Audis support it???

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Might be interested on a unit depending on price.

Also if you can copy that song onto a CD that would be great :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm guessing after this comment you won't want me following you on the drive at the next meet lol

As long as your behind me mate as you have a faster car:chuckle:

Bobby

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The price is £49.99 including shipping, this is a complete wire harness professionally made, as for connecting it up it will come with full instructions and also when I was connecting up to my 3rd brake light it cost me £50 just to identify the bloody wires, what I did do is took some pictures of how to wire into the Nissan 3rd brake light harness I also will let anyone who wants one have the pictures I took, it really is simple to fit just 3 wires.

PM me if anyone interested.

Bobby

1 - 19 of 19 Posts