GTR Forum banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
the clutch is awesome - feels very strong yet only a fraction heavier than the stock clutch. my wife can drive it no problems at all, yet she couldnt drive my triple plate & twin plate clutches (nor could i at times lol)
it is what jim calls his 'full monty' setup with 4500lbs pressure plate.

it is using the standard flywheel

·
Registered
83 Posts
How do you find your Jim Berry clutch ? Are you using a standard flywheel ? :)
I also have a jim berry clutch a modified exceedy single plate pull type. From memory its got 5200lb clamp and its still light under the foot. The clutch even has a solid centre yet it drives better than i could have ever hoped... Highly reccommed...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Having driven Marko's car I think I stalled it once and there were a few close calls.... After maybe 2 or 3 kms it was a piece of cake. Abit heavier under the foot then a competition Nismo coppermix with the Nismo slave though but nothing to whinge about..... not when you have 600 + HP.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I was hoping to use my old ORC 709D twin plate but I don't think its going to cope with the RB30+-10's :nervous:

The Jim Berry clutch seems like a reasonably priced option and I sent an email to Race Clutch/Jim Berry the other day but haven't got a reply unfortunately. Can you only get them directly from him ?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Having driven Marko's car I think I stalled it once and there were a few close calls.... After maybe 2 or 3 kms it was a piece of cake. Abit heavier under the foot then a competition Nismo coppermix with the Nismo slave though but nothing to whinge about..... not when you have 600 + HP.
paul u back yet from your root fest?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yes mate, arrived in Sydney 630 yesterday morning. I'll be playing with the car today. Pods arrived finally after two fkn months. It should be driveable this weekend. GEt surge tank sorted next week then run the lines and drop in injectors... then get the thing tuned! Hopefully it runs as smooth as that!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
good to hear - will be great to take the cars out!
you are attending the jim richards dinner right? ive locked it in :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Damn right I am at the Jimmy's dinner. Wouldnt miss for the world. I suggested to Steve that You, Him and myself drive up as a pack! We need a support car seeing we will be on E85 haha :p

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
would love to come over there just once for the supercheap auto 1000.. mount panarama,, yesssssssssssssss
....And we would love to come over where you are....

Spa.
The Ring.
Silverstone.

......grrrrr:chairshot:chairshot....Crappy tracks we have here!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
the ring is on my 'to do list'!
nurburgring would be awesome experience as well HA!

u are right though bernie - brock was the king of the mountain! my mate has got number plates RIP05 on his slr5000 & was offered 20k, he wont sell them

181 - 195 of 195 Posts