GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Maybe you should not talk about your mechanics car publicly and leave him to talk about it,if he wants to.
:GrowUp::GrowUp::GrowUp: im talking about e85 fuel and possible adverse or horrific consequences of using a bad batch of it in a highly tuned engine.Also.. not that he would care..there was no name mentioned..MAYBE you should just not reply to my posts:thumbsup:

@MarkoR1 im sure e85 can be as high as 104octane.Natural race gas..if i were sure there would be no bad batches i would definately convert myself..eco friendly also:chuckle::chuckle:Best of luck with your motor:)

·
Registered
885 Posts
:GrowUp::GrowUp::GrowUp: im talking about e85 fuel and possible adverse or horrific consequences of using a bad batch of it in a highly tuned engine.Also.. not that he would care..there was no name mentioned..MAYBE you should just not reply to my posts:thumbsup:

@MarkoR1 im sure e85 can be as high as 104octane.Natural race gas..if i were sure there would be no bad batches i would definately convert myself..eco friendly also:chuckle::chuckle:Best of luck with your motor:)
Maybe you should wize up and not comment on your engine tuners own car.:GrowUp:

Its his car so leave it to him.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
well considering the tuner himself has even posted about it on the forum i dont think it makes a difference :)

Awesome figures marko, i want to do rb30 in the future! seems to be the right thing to do!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
dont even take a second to even 'think' about using an rb30 for your build - just do it (nike)! the difference really is huge, now i know why rob @ RIPS sticks with rb30's.

regarding this tuners post on e85, do you have a link u can send? if u prefer, pm it to me although it sounds like the cat is out of the bag.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
box is fine - as long as i dont flat change it will be fine
clutch is built here locally by jim berry hence why u wouldnt be familiar with the name

he builds clutches for rally, v8 supercar series etc

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
it has 4400lbs of clamp pressure yet it drives like a stock clutch.

my mate had the same clutch in his rh9 drag gtr for 3yrs and now his mate is using it in his car for the street, they cant kill it lol

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hi guys,

Final tune is done :) on 98 pump!

Refer to attached graph, it made @ 23psi:
405awkw (i.e. 550awhp)
930nm (i.e. 686ft-lbs)
445rwkw (i.e. 605rwhp)

To put this into perspective, my previous rb26 on the same dyno & turbo's made 750nm.
Rev limit is set at 9000rpm although the above figures are based on 8500rpm.

It drives like an absolute weapon & what a difference the extra capacity makes, it really is phenomenal!
My tuner’s comments:
"you have the best combo for the street, the average torque increase is HUGE & will feel like an rb26 with 480awkw"
"wait till you drive it, it will be completely different to any gtr"

The car was squirming from left/right on the dyno, the reason is due to torque steer which my tuner has only seen on 1 other gtr with an OS Giken 3.0ltr with T51R & made 480awkw.
We were going to go to 24psi but my actuators wouldn’t allow this as they are set @ 0.7bar, he suggested at this boost level it will make 415awkw.
currently @ 23psi he said it is very safe for hot days & has purposely ran it a bit richer.

My next step (if I want more power) is to run E85 which is a new pump fuel which was realeased here in Aust not long ago (approx. 106ron), upgrade to 1600cc injectors & run 1.2-1.5bar actuators. This will give me an average gain of 50awkw (i.e. over 450awkw) & over 1000nm.
My tuner was very happy with the results considering the engine ran stock valves, intake plenum & throttle bodies.

Have you got a copy of the graph showing RPM against power/torque at all ? :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Marko

Do you have to use a cust made exhaust manifold or you can use the rb26 one. I think that the oil lines will need to be longer. Any other mods needed. I am planning on a RIPS RB30 in the future. Just dont want to take Rob's comp memory space

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Have you got a copy of the graph showing RPM against power/torque at all ? :)

sorry i dont have the graph which shows rpm - guys on skylinesaustralia asked for the same map, my tuner doesn't have this option on his dyno

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Marko

Do you have to use a cust made exhaust manifold or you can use the rb26 one. I think that the oil lines will need to be longer. Any other mods needed. I am planning on a RIPS RB30 in the future. Just dont want to take Rob's comp memory space

ive retained the factory exhaust manifolds which have been port matched to suit...to many disaster stories here in aust of guys using aftermarket manifolds which crack (i know of 3 recent stories: 1 guy who had a circuit car, another who had a drag car & last guy's car was a street setup)

i do believe (as does my engine builder) that aftermarket manifolds will make more power after performing a head flow test with & without the factory manifolds, howewer u lose reliability

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Marko. Instead of me taking you for a run, i think it might be time for you to take me for a spin :p. Looks awsome!!!!

21 - 40 of 195 Posts