GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Oh nice. Would be interesting to see what difference it makes on the street. Out of curiosity what have you done on the suspension side of things?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
i am running ohlins suspension - i was going to get the rear subframe bushes replaced but decided to run those alloy pineapples

i had stiff coilovers which ruined the driveability, these ohlins are great for the street

·
Registered
411 Posts
when does the rush start to kick in and when do you get full boost?

i wonder how these tubs will respond to a 2.8

nice build!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
when does the rush start to kick in and when do you get full boost?

i wonder how these tubs will respond to a 2.8

nice build!
thanks mate.
it starts @ 3krpm and its on full song by 4krpm, maybe even sooner @ 3.5krpm, i will check this and let u know.

i know of u guy who setup the hks equivalent (gtrs) on his tomei 2.8ltr in an r34gtr, also made over 400awkw and was an animal as he explained.

its funny how here in aust we quote awkw whereas england/europe quote bhp. how do u get these no's? is it common practice to get an engine dyno when rebuilding?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
its funny how here in aust we quote awkw whereas england/europe quote bhp. how do u get these no's? is it common practice to get an engine dyno when rebuilding?
The bhp figure generally comes from a calculation the rolling road operators do over here. i.e they usually give an 'at the wheels figure' and then add a percentage to get to a 'guestimated' flywheel figure. i.e on a RWD car the figures often around 18%, on a FWD car slightly less and on a 4WD car slightly more. Obviously there are less losses if you use a hub dyno.

People probably should just quote wheel figures but 'flywheel' figures are what all the manufacturers use (and lets face it they're bigger numbers ;) ) so people tend to use them when they talk about power down the pub.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
thanks mate.
it starts @ 3krpm and its on full song by 4krpm, maybe even sooner @ 3.5krpm, i will check this and let u know.

i know of u guy who setup the hks equivalent (gtrs) on his tomei 2.8ltr in an r34gtr, also made over 400awkw and was an animal as he explained.

It will be interesting what you think about my setup when i throw you the keys Marko. On song by 4K? What gear is that? By the sounds of it the 3 litres just seem to produce so much grunt everywhere compared to a 2.8, let alone a 2.6! Im not getting full boost until 4400 ish (give or take). Having said that I know my coils are shot to bits.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i hear 22% quoted a lot for 4wd skylines

piggaz you're running a 2.8 with gt-rs' right? care to throw in your dyno for comparison sake

:bowdown1:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It will be interesting what you think about my setup when i throw you the keys Marko. On song by 4K? What gear is that? By the sounds of it the 3 litres just seem to produce so much grunt everywhere compared to a 2.8, let alone a 2.6! Im not getting full boost until 4400 ish (give or take). Having said that I know my coils are shot to bits.
would be good to see the difference with the extra 200cc, when i tested it that was 2nd gear

i hear 22% quoted a lot for 4wd skylines

piggaz you're running a 2.8 with gt-rs' right? care to throw in your dyno for comparison sake

:bowdown1:
i too would like to see your dyno :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Rightio guys, here it is.
For comparisons sake ill list my spec list:
GT block
Power FC
Tomei procam 270 @ 10.25
Tomei stroker
HKS GT RS's
Kakimoto full mega N1 cat back
X force 3.5 inch cat
HKS dumps and front pipes
Tomei manifolds
800 CC sard injectors
Nismo fuel pump
HKS Twin spark
ATI harmonic balancer
Stock airbox with Nismo panel filter
Blitz duel solenoid boost controller
Nismo plenum
Toda cam gears (intake set at 12 degree advance and exhaust roughly 0)
Tuned on BP ultimate

Coils were breaking down with anymore then 21 psi. Plugs are gapped down to 0.6!!! 0.8 mm it was still having troubles up top. The more i drive it the worse I can feel them dying a slow and painful death! haha.Will go back with a fresh set and more boost. Setup the car for as much area under the curve as possible. Tuner said he buzzed it to 9000 RPM once and was still making over 350 RWKW. I have found with this tune you realy need to be on the ball becasue the power just does not die off!! Next tune i might run 20% Toluene and retard the intake cam a fraction to give me a tad more top end.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ok this is my poor attempt to translate marko's graph.

if i knew 1 more [email protected] point it would have been spot on. i just assumed 100ish kw at 3krpm based on other 30/26 hybrids

the horizontal axis is by no means accurate, but the vertical is.

·
Registered
852 Posts
That's a delicious torque curve, bet you're smiling from ear to ear every time you drive it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
revized 3krpm down to 80ish kw, seemed to make more sense. if only i knew at what rpm marko's graph starts... or if i knew another power @ rpm other than redline it would have been spot on

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Makes mine seem like a slug! haha. Will be interesting to see how it goes with new coils and a bit more boost (remember im only running 20-21 psi).

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
get your car sorted :)
i'll then strap my handycam to the passenger head rest & we can have some rolling runs on the motorway

41 - 60 of 195 Posts