GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Makes mine seem like a slug! haha. Will be interesting to see how it goes with new coils and a bit more boost (remember im only running 20-21 psi).
by no means a slug :cool: the overlay is only accurate at maxrpm and goes more and more into unknown territory down low. also looks like the dyno operator didnt gun it till way into 4krpm, ask him to start from 2-3k next time :clap:

marko is there a way for you to find out at what rpm your dyno operator usually starts to record?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
get your car sorted :)
i'll then strap my handycam to the passenger head rest & we can have some rolling runs on the motorway
LOL!. It would be nice if A) we didnt loose our cars B) get locked up for a million years C) loose our licences for a trillion years and D) pay what ever comes after a trillion dollars in fines if we get caught!... Although, it might be worth it :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
man i miss my bike, over 12yrs "my mate" had countless chases and "apparently" its very easy to cover the plate :)

a bit different with a car

ill find out about the dyno

·
Registered
794 Posts
revized 3krpm down to 80ish kw, seemed to make more sense. if only i knew at what rpm marko's graph starts... or if i knew another power @ rpm other than redline it would have been spot on

cud you overlay this as well mate?

Just to see how to4z compares on rb30 too

·
Registered
794 Posts
btw im thinkin of going -10s too... i got s/steel hks mani.s ,hardpipe kit and big arc cooler with the car i boght. plus juz a bit more saving to get a rb30 bottom end from old boy rips...cant rev like u felers tho coz itll be a stokcer so 7500 is max..juz like the graph wit the t04z

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
cud you overlay this as well mate?

Just to see how to4z compares on rb30 too

hey godzirra - ive spoken to rob in the past about his dyno numbers & there are 2 variants which need to be taken into condieration with his dyno graphs when compared to mine:

- his numbers read significantly higher than mine, i.e. he had a stock gtr graph which read quite a bit higher than my stock graph on my dyno on both torque & power..i cant remember the deficit but it was massively different (i'd need to look thru my old emails to find this if u like)

- his dyno is rwd whereas the dyno mine was taken on is awd, im @ 405awkw this equates to 450rwkw after confirmation with my tuner

...i guess its the good old rule that a dyno should only be used to measure gains & should always be compared on the same dyno

·
Registered
794 Posts
hey godzirra - ive spoken to rob in the past about his dyno numbers & there are 2 variants which need to be taken into condieration with his dyno graphs when compared to mine:

- his numbers read significantly higher than mine, i.e. he had a stock gtr graph which read quite a bit higher than my stock graph on my dyno on both torque & power..i cant remember the deficit but it was massively different (i'd need to look thru my old emails to find this if u like)

- his dyno is rwd whereas the dyno mine was taken on is awd, im @ 405awkw this equates to 450rwkw after confirmation with my tuner

...i guess its the good old rule that a dyno should only be used to measure gains & should always be compared on the same dyno
cheers mate...yeah i rekon dynos are only useful for the same car same dyno...

u got a forged rb30... wat do u rekon a rips-built sotcker rb30 can max out at 7500rpm with -10s? fueling is sortd with 700cc inj. fuel pumps etc...

·
Registered
794 Posts
1 more quik q - why do u rev to 8500 since u seem to make max power around 7750 and then its a flat graf?
same with piggaz...his line is flat at 7000rpm? juz wondering

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
1 more quik q - why do u rev to 8500 since u seem to make max power around 7750 and then its a flat graf?
u would need to ask rob if his stock bottom end is safe @ 7500rpm, i think i remember hearing 7krpm?

my rev limiter is actually set at 9krpm :) however with the larger capacity there is no need to rev the hell out of it at all, effortless power!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
further to my last email, due to power curve there is no need to go past 8krpm, however my tuner wanted to demonstrate that the rb30 does rev

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

I agree its best to only compare figures on the same dyno although your not quite right on a couple of points.

The dyno we use for our cars is a 4wd rolling road (not actually my dyno) and any figures quoted for a GTR will have been done in 4wd, we have also found the whp figures to be extreemly acurate and correctly backed up with mph on the strip.

I'm not sure which stock GTR graph you have seen or how it compares to your stock graph, what whp did you get with yours and I'll dig up some stock graphs to compare.

Rob

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I suppose thats what the tuner revved it to one the last run when mapping it. He did say he buzzed it to 9000RPM once and it was still making above 360rwkw. It feels exactly like that on the road aswell.... The power just does not drop off and if your not on the ball it will rev to a number which i dont want it to rev to. Eyes on the tacho...!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I agree its best to only compare figures on the same dyno although your not quite right on a couple of points.

The dyno we use for our cars is a 4wd rolling road (not actually my dyno) and any figures quoted for a GTR will have been done in 4wd, we have also found the whp figures to be extreemly acurate and correctly backed up with mph on the strip.

I'm not sure which stock GTR graph you have seen or how it compares to your stock graph, what whp did you get with yours and I'll dig up some stock graphs to compare.

Rob
rob - i dont actually have a graph of my gtr in stock form, i cant help myself & have always modified my cars (& motorbikes).

i have an email where we discussed the matter but i cant go into my archived items from my webmail account, once im back in the office tomorrow i'll dig it up (should be amongst 1 of my 100's of emails ive sent u in the past haha)

off the top of your head, what no's does a stock gtr make on your dyno?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I suppose thats what the tuner revved it to one the last run when mapping it. He did say he buzzed it to 9000RPM once and it was still making above 360rwkw. It feels exactly like that on the road aswell.... The power just does not drop off and if your not on the ball it will rev to a number which i dont want it to rev to. Eyes on the tacho...!!!

this is a true statement - the power is there right up the top :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Marko, rips sez his stocker rb30 rev up to 7200rpm but i read he sez he revved stockers to 7500 and even 8000rpm -- gotta ask him...

neways, at 7200rpm, u got 390awkw!

rips graf got 470awkw at 7000rpm...

this is y I WANT RB30 so badly...savin up hard 4 it mate

COZ RB30 MAKE POWER AT LOWER RPM...NO ND TO REV IT TOO HARD :clap:

even wit big-fat turbos

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
off the top of your head, what no's does a stock gtr make on your dyno?
Here's one that I'm sure was stock but it might have had an exhaust system, 211wkw or 280whp:

How does that compare to anyone else on a 4wd rolling road?

Rob

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I found my email trail rob…

Marko:
“Referring to your attached graphs, the torque is shown @ 1800nm for 23psi...is this right?”

Rob:
“OK, so it seems the nm figures we have a quite similar to the figures you get, even if we say we are 10% over, if you take 180 off the 1800 that gives 1620 which would be a comparable number for Croydons dyno.”

Rob:
“I have a graph of a stock R34 GTR which made 650nm in 5th (which is 1:1 in the gearbox but it also has taller diffs). The same car was repowered with the same spec RB30 TO4z as the previous graphs you have seen and it then made around 1500nm at 22psi so we increased torque by 2.3 times from a stock 26 to a TO4z RB30 with 400wkw at 22 psi, same car, same dyno, tested in the same gear etc.”

From the above info, I guess what threw me off were your NM figures @ 1800nm whereas mine made 930nm, now in terms of KW variance between your dyno & croydons dyno it is approx 10% - is that fair enough?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Don't even worry about the torque figures too much, just the wkw and the gear you test in doesn't effect the wkw reading more than around 3-5wkw at the most we have found.

The 10% more we measured may be from the exhaust system or just the usual dyno differences, as always, don't get too worried about what others get on other dyno's, just stick to the same dyno to test your car and do each test in the same way each time, thats all you can do.

Rob

·
Registered
794 Posts
still damn impressiv...just been reading another bloke's build over here

rockabilly ... he got rb30 too.. made 660lbft with gt35 running 2.2 bar

but ur -10s made 690lbft at only 1.6 bar

61 - 80 of 195 Posts