GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
i think that might come down to my combination, big cams with high lift and ported head helps greatly with air flow. in fact i will ask my engine builder about it, proengines in aust.

my tuner was very impressed with the results and labeled it a 'torque monster'.

besides that -10s are rated at 440hp each as per garrett [email protected] 2.2bar i wonder what my numbers would look like. is rockabilly running pump fuel on this boost level like i am? ive been advised that more than 24psi on pump is dancing with the devil

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
it starts @ 3krpm and its on full song by 4krpm, maybe even sooner @ 3.5krpm, i will check this and let u know.
...6 months later & i can finally report on the boost response with my -10s :)
3rd gear: 1bar boost @ 3800rpm
4th gear: 1bar boost @ 3500rpm
5th gear: didn't have the room but would 'guesstimate' 1bar boost @ 3200rpm

i'd be interested to hear how this compares to other setups out there on the rb26/30s with single or twin turbos?

thanks,
marko

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Cracked manifolds. Acutally cracks and holes in my manifolds.
I've also got a new intercooler going on very soon. ARC Duel entry 105 mm then off for a touch up tune. Oh new coils too! My current cooler looks like a kid in kindergarten put it together in play time.
Lets see what 1.8 bar will bring!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
do you have tomei manifolds? i stuck with my factory manifolds & had them ported :)

i also need coils - i am interested in the yellow jackets BUT i am still not sure as they are made in china, half of price of splitfires:
Yellow Jackets Coil Packs - Best Price World Wide! - Skylines Australia
...has anyone else had dealings with these coils? (maybe i just stick with splitfires & pay double the price)

i changed my oil pump from the n1 to a nitto so it was off the road for quite some time - way too many horror stories with the n1!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Marko,
Yeah i had the Tomei manifolds. They were heat wrapped which I dont think helped the cracking. If it happens again ill get a set of stockers ported what not. What a prick of a job! Ill put those manifolds next to the broken gearset in my "GTR Cabinet" hehe.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
^^^
Sure did. A 11,000 KM old box stripped every tooth away. Good effort I reckon! haha. Made way for OS set with the OS centre plate. If i break that then well I dont know what I will do!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
1 of my mates had over 600awkw, FLYBYE number plates...anyway, he was telling me that he drove it daily for a few yrs and never broke a box, as he explains it the selector fork causes the break and once 3rd gear doesn't mesh correctly it smashes the box. Commonly caused by flatchanging and being aggressive.
Out of interest, did it break on gear change or under load after a few seconds?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Flybye. Black R32? I have him on my wall!

It happened on a gearchange. Wasnt that aggresive. It was a 8000 RPM change... but knowing the weak spot in the 5 speeds I was always very careful changing into 3rd. The week before I was going through the national park, coming into a corner and was going to change into 2nd.... but I changed my mind. I had depressed the clutch a fraction which brought the revs down a fraction... stupidly i let the clutch out. *CLUNK*. I think the shock load had something to do with it. Funnily enough the next time i drove it I send it to 3rd gear heaven. Coincidence? Maybe.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Yep that's the gtr, beast but built for drag i.e. No mid range and explodes up top like a squirting hooker!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
AH hem! I think i might need to jump to 280's. They sound UNREAL!
Sure you cant get out of your family crap tomorrow? We are heading out about 12..... I might send you an SMS to see if your home and pop around?

Had a bit of a look today
2nd gear i have 1 bar at ROUGHLY 4750 RPM.... 3rd I was too busy looking at the road.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Well my tuner was telling me the larger bottom end soaks up a lot of the lump in the idle, my mate had 272s on his rb26 and that was sooo agro on idle :)
Mine in 2nd gear @ 1bar boost = 4krpm, yours being a 2.8ltr might be the reason for boost coming on 750rpm later, big farken deal really hehe

Tomorrow is out of the question paul, sorry mate...where u heading to and who else is going?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats on the power figure, Mark. I am liking RB30 GTR's more and more...:thumbsup:

Piggaz, I have some Apexi 280's (and the rest of the head gear) if you want to take the extra step. ;)

81 - 100 of 195 Posts