GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well I can gaurantee if u drove an rb26/30 u would not go back to an rb26, that is, if u like more torque and effortless power :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Congrats on the power figure, Mark. I am liking RB30 GTR's more and more...:thumbsup:

Piggaz, I have some Apexi 280's (and the rest of the head gear) if you want to take the extra step. ;)
haha. Dont. Please. I Might go E85 a little later on but you have to draw the line somewhere. Its all too addictive to just keep on buying stuff for it!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Marko.

Had a bit of play on the freeway today. 1 Bar of boost in 4th was 4600 RPM on a Nismo dash. Im sure that reads a fraction high. So we will call it 4500 RPM.

There were a few cops out and about today. Went through the Natio and there was a swine with his gun out hiding behind a tree. Thankfully I got stuck behind a commodore... quietly went past him doing 50 km/h. He would have heard me coming... it would have only been 300m earlier the gates were open :D.

Natio and Old pac are now banned off the list of drives to do.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Would love to see boost graphs for 2871-10s/2860-10s on 2771cc (rb28) and 2997cc (2997cc)...

Chris Wilson has just posted up dynos for the -10s on 2.6L and 1.0 bar is at 4600rpm and 1.2 bar at 4800rpm.

RIPS get 1.0 bar at 3500rpm on a big top end rb30...says he can get it down to 3100rpm for more lower down torque.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Marko.

Had a bit of play on the freeway today. 1 Bar of boost in 4th was 4600 RPM on a Nismo dash. Im sure that reads a fraction high. So we will call it 4500 RPM.

There were a few cops out and about today. Went through the Natio and there was a swine with his gun out hiding behind a tree. Thankfully I got stuck behind a commodore... quietly went past him doing 50 km/h. He would have heard me coming... it would have only been 300m earlier the gates were open :D.

Natio and Old pac are now banned off the list of drives to do.
well its only a difference of 1000rpm which is fark all if you're racing the car, i.e. when do u ever get below 5krpm when pushing it :)

i used to spend a lot of time on the old pac hwy & natio when i was riding bikes but cops never bothered me, cover that number plate with the rego label & bye byyyye :) in the car though, different story as u cant hide it or lay it on its side on some grass lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Crd use splitfires in there monster setups so its good enough for my application.
Brakes will be back on the car this week and ready to roll!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
quick update guys,

i fitted new 'race brakes' pads (local aust made), flushed out the system with motul rbf600 & machined the rotors - the car actually stops now & activates the abs system :)

phenominal difference!

·
Registered
672 Posts
hey marko, did you have any problem with your r32 tranny at this power level? and do you push your car very hard like 8,500 rpm launch and gear change??

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
hey marko, did you have any problem with your r32 tranny at this power level? and do you push your car very hard like 8,500 rpm launch and gear change??
no problems with the tranny, with the previous engine making 325awkw i launched it off the limiter with mt slicks all round - it wont break like that but can break 3rd gear on shifting which is the archilles heal of the factory box

101 - 120 of 195 Posts