GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Piggaz - What pump are you going to be using?
Not 100% sure yet. I was thinking about the Areomotive - Eliminator. Flows "1400 HP" on forced induction engines.... but straight away you have to take away 30% due to the extra 30% flow needed on E85 applications. I dont think the A1000 will be quite big enough.... Well it might be but i would rather have the big overhead.
Aeromotive|11104 - Eliminator Fuel Pump

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Be carefull with the aeromotive pumps, we had 2 of their "1000hp" pumps in the drag-r and when you start adding boost and increasing fuel pressure they don't flow anything like the amount they say.

With the 2 pumps we ran out at 1050whp 1.9 bar with 50psi base pressure so be sure to check the flow rates @ 80-90psi and allow plenty of headroom for E85.

We also saw voltage dropping due to the load and that effects flow alot too.

Let me know what you find out about the bigger pumps as I'm looking for an alternative to running 3 x 044s.

Rob

·
Registered
363 Posts
I run one of these Robbie, its doing the job very easy.

http://www.expressparts.com.au/proddetail.asp?prod=MP-4703

Im running it in the following configuration, 2 x -8 from cell > 2 x -8 in, 1 x -10 out y piece > 100 micron pre-pump filter > pump > engine bay > 25 micron pre-injector filter > 1 x -10 in, 2 x -8 out y piece > -8 feeds to rail ends > -8 from rail centre to Aeromotive reg. > -8 return to cell.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Be carefull with the aeromotive pumps, we had 2 of their "1000hp" pumps in the drag-r and when you start adding boost and increasing fuel pressure they don't flow anything like the amount they say.

With the 2 pumps we ran out at 1050whp 1.9 bar with 50psi base pressure so be sure to check the flow rates @ 80-90psi and allow plenty of headroom for E85.

We also saw voltage dropping due to the load and that effects flow alot too.

Let me know what you find out about the bigger pumps as I'm looking for an alternative to running 3 x 044s.

Rob
Interesting. Cheers Rob.

The reason for the big pump is just really to keep things nice and simple.

PS... I send you a email in regards to a surge tank.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
paul - that pump is $1500 yikes!
for my application, 3 x 044s are overkill so im happy with that - will be more than enough when i switch to e85 as well :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Not 100% sure yet. I was thinking about the Areomotive - Eliminator. Flows "1400 HP" on forced induction engines.... but straight away you have to take away 30% due to the extra 30% flow needed on E85 applications. I dont think the A1000 will be quite big enough.... Well it might be but i would rather have the big overhead.
Aeromotive|11104 - Eliminator Fuel Pump
paul - i'd steer clear away from that pump if rob has had negative experience with it

·
Registered
363 Posts
paul - that pump is $1500 yikes!
for my application, 3 x 044s are overkill so im happy with that - will be more than enough when i switch to e85 as well :)
add up fittings,lines, rail, injectors, reg, filters, fuel cell etc.

its a big set-up but very necessary.

Marko, just copy this one that i snapped a pic of when in NZ a couple of years ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
are u running 3 x 044s in your drag car rob? what hp does this fuel system support?
We ran 2 x 044s and ran 8.1s with the 240z (1300kg, 1200hp) we ran out of fuel to go any further so added an extra 044 and we've always had plenty ever since.

The FED also has 3 x 044s and I'm looking to run 3 x 044s in the GTR unless I can come up with a suitable single pump which looks unlikely.

Rob

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
We ran 2 x 044s and ran 8.1s with the 240z (1300kg, 1200hp) we ran out of fuel to go any further so added an extra 044 and we've always had plenty ever since.

The FED also has 3 x 044s and I'm looking to run 3 x 044s in the GTR unless I can come up with a suitable single pump which looks unlikely.

Rob
Rob. Seeing that you have 3 pumps and only 2 entires to a fuel rail, how do you arrange all the lines and merges? Going by what you have said the 2 X 044's would be the best bet. ANy pictures of the setup further down the lines?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Colin 044's are so cheap now its almost a no brainer
they are $300 new
2x 044 would be any amount and even having them switchable and running 3 (but 2 at any given time) would be a good compromise for an endurance car.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Rob. Seeing that you have 3 pumps and only 2 entires to a fuel rail, how do you arrange all the lines and merges? Going by what you have said the 2 X 044's would be the best bet. ANy pictures of the setup further down the lines?
I have a billet block just out of that picture that blends 3 x -6 lines into 2 x -8 lines which run to the rail.

How about a belt driven pump like this?

Tuner Tools, the inside line: Aeromotive Belt Drive Fuel Pump Kit p/n 17140, Aeromotive, AERO-17140

I have not heard of anyone using one but if it could, id be keen to try it out?
They are a good pump once the motor is running but you also need a normal electric efi pump to prime fuel pressure to get the motor to fire.

The blown V8 drag boys just spray some fuel into the hat so the motor fires on that untill fuel pressure has built up but with turbo/efi there's no easy way for a crew member to introduce the fuel and if you happen to be on your own your screwed either way.

2 or 3 x 044s is easy, reliable and cost effective, thats why I always do it that way :D

Rob

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a billet block just out of that picture that blends 3 x -6 lines into 2 x -8 lines which run to the rail.

2 or 3 x 044s is easy, reliable and cost effective, thats why I always do it that way :D

Rob
Hey Rob,

Thanks for that. What fuel line size would you recommend if i run 2x 044s? -8 or -6 each? I am currently running a single 044 with -6 feed to a y then to the rail with -8 return. Do you run any check valves at all?
Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
230 Posts
Colin 044's are so cheap now its almost a no brainer
they are $300 new
2x 044 would be any amount and even having them switchable and running 3 (but 2 at any given time) would be a good compromise for an endurance car.
Thanks Glenn,

Think this is the way i will go now.
Are you going to be at Hampton on Sunday?
If so i will see you there.
Thanks
Colin

141 - 160 of 195 Posts