GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I sad, the day after getting my shinny GTR? Cos I cannot drive it due to all the snow. Ah well it'll give me time to read the 500 page manuals (ouch!).

Anyway, looking forward to a fab year driving one of the best cars in the world (and a bit or tweaking, maybe a WRAP, exhaust and COBB) :thumbsup:

First question (of many i suspect):

Is there any way to tell if the car has had an ECU change (COBB or ECU Map etc)?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Welcome along.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZED - How do i look at the data or is this a HPC thing? Basically I want to find out if it's had anything done (ECU wise) before my chosen HPC (that's another thing I have to sort out) see's it.

Brought it from a great little prestige and performance dealer in surrey called Bramley Motor Cars. Not done enough posts to put up URL but easy to find on the interweb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ZED - How do i look at the data or is this a HPC thing? Basically I want to find out if it's had anything done (ECU wise) before my chosen HPC (that's another thing I have to sort out) see's it.

Brought it from a great little prestige and performance dealer in surrey called Bramley Motor Cars. Not done enough posts to put up URL but easy to find on the interweb.
Mmmm, did you not research this car beforehand ?

I almost purchased it but David and i could not come to an agreement on the finance he was offering and when i could finance it myself he backed out

Anyway awesome car but it did you know it already has a Litchfield stage 2 ?

Look at the exhausts and they have miltek on the top and also ring Ian @ Litchfield to confirm - i did and he has done the car

So you have yourself a nice little bonus !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
nice car, bonus with the litchfield bits too!
would you mind saying how much was it up for?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You need to inform your insurance company of the mods ASAP, you are probably driving uninsured at the moment if you don't know what's on it.

Anders

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW, thats great news.
Thought it was faster than I remembered when driving it home but just put it down to the fact that I hadn't driven one in a while. :clap:
YES, I knew it had the Milltek full exhaust, which is what swayed me but didn't know if it had any ECU mods as the garage said they thought it was stock!

Thanks BIGK for the update, I'll speak to Ian @ Litchfield for more detail. Have you sorted one out for yourself?

Oh yeh, guess I'll have to inform the insurance when I get the full details :(

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
You take out the insurance policy in 'good faith'

I'd be surprised if Bramley, or any dealer, took cars on without a signed declaration from their seller re mods.

However Lichy stage is just fine!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pretty sure once I find out the mods I'll come clean, unless the general consensus is that if I didn't have the work done and the garage hasn't informed me and I have no record or paperwork then surely I cannot be penalized RIGHT ?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
If you didn't know about the mods then you will be deemed to have taken the policy in good faith. However you also have an on-going responsibility to advise of changes to your insurance risk, so you need to act.

Competition Car insurance; great on mods and 5 track days inc.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Best thing to do would be get insurance with competition car insurance and declare what you think you might have....they don't bother with mods on the policy:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts