GTR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Not true.

Insurance is 100% valid.
Not really. Depends on the insurer your insurance could be 100% VOID because of failure to declare mods. There is a reason why you are asked if the car has any mods at the point of applying for the insurance.

I best advise OP to get in touch with insurance ASAP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys. I'll try and confirm what BIGK suggested it has at the start of this post ASAP and then speak to present insurers. Sounds like a switch to 'Competition Car Insurance' may be the best route, assuming price is good.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I'd insure based on the car being exhaust and remap. Plus 20% bhp.

Then get it checked and verified by Ian Litchfield.

Been sold a modded car, as standard then I'd be acting, myself.

However, I suspect your motor will be sound.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why am I sad, the day after getting my shinny GTR? Cos I cannot drive it due to all the snow. Ah well it'll give me time to read the 500 page manuals (ouch!).

Welcome mate, nice looking motor! have just joined up myself after getting a similar one a couple of weeks back, I can relate have read that manual cover to cover purely so I was doing "GT-R stuff" when I couldn't drive it because of the weather....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll try and confirm what BIGK suggested it has at the start of this post ASAP and then speak to present insurers. Sounds like a switch to 'Competition Car Insurance' may be the best route, assuming price is good.

If it helps i think there was a private plate on the car so Litchfield may have it on there systems under that. If memory serves me right it was something like "50 A" ?

I would deffo tell the insurance company about the mods as it is your responsibility to check - bit like saying to a copper you didnt realise the tyres were bald etc

It was a mental quick car when i test drove it so hope you enjoy :chuckle::chuckle:

Hope David @ Bramley gave you a good price !

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Leo, hairdresser and English grammar teacher!

No end to your talents! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Maybe we should crap on threads on other forums (about cars we don't own) to make new owners feel welcome... :nervous:

·
Registered
115 Posts
poor education what has that got to do with this thread ?? not all so called educated people have Gtr's but they have an educated thought process about what car they buy.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts