GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up my GTR. It's a 59 plate, premium edition in DMG with 22k on the clock.
Here's a spec list.
Litchfield stage 4
ECUTEC v3 software mapped by Iain.
2012 gearbox software
Miltec exhaust and y-pipe
Litchfield intakes
Litchfield injectors
Gearbox circlips done by litchfield.

The car also came with 4 brand new tyres, new blue fast road pads, just fully serviced and a private reg (which I'll be putting up for sale soon), 7 months tax and 9 months MOT. It even had a Terry chocolate orange in the boot.

Jurgen was kind enough to go with me to check out the car out, and I couldn't have wanted a better looked after car. The cars logs all read that it's been very well looked after. Never launched, no high gearbox temps, no clutch protection used. Only thing we found was the tyre pressures were at 27psi instead of 30psi.

I had a 5hr drive home from Bristol back up to County Durham. First impressions were WOW.
I've came from a big powered Supra to the GTR so was expecting a lot and it's met every expectation. I love it.
I think it would be unfair to compare the 2 cars and the GTR is much more refined and has very smooth progressive power delivery as soon as you depress the pedal and my supra was a totally different kind of monster. When it came onto boost it felt like I had a food on my chest ramming me into the seat.
All the years I spend developing my supra and making exactly how I wanted it to be, I've just got in a GTR and at stage 4 it's all already there and more in some ways. I'm so so happy with it.

Mods have already started. I fitted a pair of a Blitz super sound BOVs today and have a set of downpipes ready to go on too. Once these are done, I'll be having the v4 software and remap done with a motorsport map. After that, who knows????

Once we get a day when it's not raining, il take some pictures and post them up.

Cheers, John
(Another converted supra owner).

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Ah the man is in love :)

Told you!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Just need this bloody rain to stop.
Yep its driving me crazy.

Put 1000bhp in your GTR and it would turn you inside out LOL

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congrats !! Bristol ... Did you buy from RS direct? They usually only stock mint cars so you know you've got a good one !!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was converted about 10mins into my drive home haha. Then spent the next 4hrs 50mins listening to Jurgen telling me 800hp will be nice for me.

Yeah, I got it from RS direct. Really nice guys. I don't think they realized what they had. Was a pleasent surprise finding out the circlips had been done that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Hmm, I think your radiator is leaking!

:) awesome pic, road looks fun!

To the OP: congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Where is this road??

·
Registered
875 Posts
This is me on it yesterday.

Its a fun road.

The best road i've found is hellfire pass coming from lake vyrnwy, I did that yesterday and it wasn't so fun as it was snow covered with steep cliffs to the side of the road but on a sunny day its amazing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts