GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my GTR has gone and now I have entered the world of the unknown without any idea of how or what to replace it with! Its going to have to be completely different as I'll never be able to get the same kind of grins from another performance car....or I wonder when the R36 will be released...

Anyway, thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, I haven't been very good at that myself, but Ive helped where I could and have really gained a lot from the information on here! Also met some great people at my 6-monthly service visits to Litchfield!

I sold my car at the start of Aug to someone claiming to be a private buyer, but have since seen it for sale trade on auto trader with a £5k premium, if anyone needs info on a white 59plate GTR with 2 owners 20,000 miles located near Milton Keynes feel free to PM me.

I still have some GTR mats and K&N filters left from my days of GTR ownership, I'd like to offer them on here first but cannot advertise due to limited posts! I'll put them on eBay when I get a chance and post a link if thats allowed.

Enjoy the cars guys!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I often read posts like these and come to the conclusion that some GTR owners are tunnel visioned. Times have moved on, in just a little over 4 months, it will be 2016. The R35 was first released in the UK in 2008, Japan 2007

That's a long long time for the R35 platform, okay, there have been updates each year but it's still the same 2007 car (probably 2005/6 design)

Move onwards and upwards, the R35 is a great car, but its an old car and in my opinion, it's starting to show its age when compared to other cars in the £50-100k price range today in late 2015.

Go German and never look back ;)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I often read posts like these and come to the conclusion that some GTR owners are tunnel visioned. Times have moved on, in just a little over 4 months, it will be 2016. The R35 was first released in the UK in 2008, Japan 2007

That's a long long time for the R35 platform, okay, there have been updates each year but it's still the same 2007 car (probably 2005/6 design)

Move onwards and upwards, the R35 is a great car, but its an old car and in my opinion, it's starting to show its age when compared to other cars in the £50-100k price range today in late 2015.

LMFAO!!! What a load of twoddle...... Starting to show it's age, REALLY?? still looks good, still looks modern, the tech in it is still as good if not better than any other car on the market, it still out performs every other car in it's price bracket.

The GT-R is a very good, very capable car and for the money nothing will touch it. German cars are "good" ok performance, better build quality mind but overall bland in comparison and meh to drive.

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
ha ha I think you are German car tunnel visioned chap. I am not even going to post quote your drivel, it's that embarrassing. I'd even say you are borderline trolling.

LMFAO!!! What a load of twoddle...... Starting to show it's age, REALLY?? still looks good, still looks modern, the tech in it is still as good if not better than any other car on the market, it still out performs every other car in it's price bracket.
The GT-R is a very good, very capable car and for the money nothing will touch it. German cars are "good" ok performance, better build quality mind but overall bland in comparison and meh to drive.
+1 couldn't have said it better myself! Funny how when i'm driving round, the amount of looks and positive comments it gets, and also the amount of people taking photo's of it, when driving down the motorway and at traffic lights. Didn't get that with the Evo. Just was I was so popular. ha ha

·
Registered
321 Posts
How old is the R35 platform and what year are we all living in?

Not quite sure what is factually incorrect about any of the 'drivel' in my post?

Tech? Head up display, adaptive cruise control, Night vision? Matrix LED?

As I said, tunnel vision ;)

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Good god, see what I mean?
What is factually incorrect about any of the drivel in my post?
Answermy question please? How old is the R35 platform and what year is it currently?
stop embarrassing yourself. please.

·
Registered
321 Posts
stop embarrassing yourself. please.
:chuckle:

Answer my question then please?

What year is it?
How old is the R35 platform?
What do you consider new tech vs old tech? Have you opened up the doors on a high end German car in 2015 recently?

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Answer myquestion then please?
What year is it?
How old is the R35 platform?
What do you consider new tech vs old tech? Have you opened up the doors on a high end German car in 2015 recently?
The R35 as stuffy has simply said -
still looks good, still looks modern, the tech in it is still as good if not better than any other car on the market, it still out performs every other car in it's price bracket.
and yes I've been in the latest incarnation of the top end BMW's, and they feel boring to drive compared to the 'old tech', older top end BMW's, HOW can that be if they are newer? ;) exactly.

Are you going to call the 32/33/34 old hat as well? Have you seen what the Nissan 25 year old cars can still do, how they can rival modern marques as well? impressive in my book.

Plus, who notices an M3/M5 driving past? not many. Who notices an R32/33/34/35 driving past? most. as the top end BMW's look similar to the standard cars, whereas the high performance Nissans don't.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fair enough Chronos, we share different opinions, great :)

We are coming to the close of 2015 though, not 2010. Times really have moved on ;)

In 2015 we have VW Golf R's going up the drag strips with a lot less horsepower side by side with older gen Nissan GTR's.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Good god, see what I mean?

What is factually incorrect about any of the drivel in my post?

Answer my question please? How old is the R35 platform and what year is it currently?

Unfortunately Leo, it is still a massively popular car and you only had to see the queues for the GTR rides at the recent Asda charity day to know that a lot of people would rather ride in a Nissan than an Audi:)

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Leo you are such a troll

I had a drive in the new R8 (Audi corporate hospitality at Le Mans) and been out in your precious Audi TTRS thing (the two guys that had them sold them within year) it might have something to do with my taunts of them being girls cars and leaving them behind in my old 2008 GTR

still the old girl is better than the R8 (looks funny) the girlie TT

Ok so my 08 has upgrades and later version bits on which is part of the fun you don't really get with kraut crowd

·
Registered
646 Posts

We are coming to the close of 2015 though, not 2010. Times really have moved on ;)

In 2015 we have VW Golf R's going up the drag strips with a lot less horsepower side by side with older gen Nissan GTR's.
Modified cars vs stock cars? I've made a mk5 golf go faster then a 800hp rs6.. What's your point?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How old is the R35 platform and what year are we all living in?

Not quite sure what is factually incorrect about any of the 'drivel' in my post?

Tech? Head up display, adaptive cruise control, Night vision? Matrix LED?

Allow me :

THIS IS A PERFORMACE CAR THAT REQUIRES PROPER DRIVER INPUT!!

Head up display? what because you can't look at your speedo or the gigantic display in the middle of the dash?

Adaptive cruise control? For what, that's what I have a right foot to do!! who cares about adaptive cruise, you don't buy this car as a BMW/Merc Cruiser, it's a cruise missile and you DRIVE it not ride in it!

Night Vision? all cars come with that.... Headlights and my EYES!

Who cares how old the car is, it's been through many upgrades over the years and 6 years old it may be, there is nothing on the market that touches it.

The car turns more heads than ANY uninspiring German car so proves the looks are still there.

·
Registered
65 Posts

The due is a troll look at his previous threads and posts, says it all. Come on guys stop feeding him.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
The due is a troll look at his previous threads and posts, says it all. Come on guys stop feeding him.
I wouldnt go that far.... he has his opinion and is allowed to have it. Most GTR owners may not agree, but thats the way it is.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
For an old out dated girl she still is a very special car, case in point see this thread http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/379490-tube-strike-silver-lining.html

I was fortunate to be allowed to park my GTR at work in the directors parking area due to the tube strike. I had so many colleagues admiring and taking pictures of it and next to it, both men and women even though we had a Masarati Gran Turismo, Audi RS7 and an F83 M4 parked in the same lot, till this day I get asked about it.

What the GTR does till this day that not many German cars can ever do is make you feel special by the way people react to the car, you feel like a celebrity, sometimes its a little embarrassing as people point, come and take pictures etc. With the GTR you're not only buying performance you're buying something that not many German cars, it's the experience above.

If I wanted an out and out fast car I would have got an M6/M5 or even a 2014 RS6, what I wanted was a truly special car that was also fast. Hence my recent acquisition of my MY13 GTR

1 - 20 of 145 Posts