GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, my GTR is now back with me after the HKS 2540 job. It's so damn fast I can't really describe the sensation. It was tuned by Nakata San of Top Secret using the Top Secret Competezione ROM as the fuel comp. Other important mods are HKS 264 (in)/272 (ex) cam kits; HKS oversize 87mm forged pistons kit;Top Secret stage 2 porting and polishing of the head;Blitz DSBC and AP Racing 6 pot brake kit.
The datas were fed into Top Secret program and they came up with 614.1 ps at 1.5 bar. Dynoed on Dynodynamic 4 wd dyno, result is 564.8 hp at the engine and 524.2 hp on all 4 wheels.
Talks about the 2540s problems, including serious lag is, fortunately, not true as the lag kicks in at 2600 rpm (when cruising at 80 kph in 5th gear) and by the time it hits 3800 rpm the car would launch like Michael Owen on steroid!:D
The tuners recorded 302 kph at 8100 rpm in 5th early one morning in S'pore! The red line has been programed at 8500 rpm though with replacement of con rods and crank it could go up to 9500 rpm, so I was advised!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: The dynodynamic chart may not be accurate as later it was found out that one of the dyno belt had snapped a bit during the run! Attached is the reading at the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. I drove to S'pore to have it done at Garage R who has a close working relationship with Top Secret. Anyone who installs the Top Secret ROM will have the honour of Nakata San's tuning expertise for a fee. I was lucky in that there were 2 other GTRs at Garage R waiting for Nakata San's service that week and we shared the cost. Believe it, the tuning fees only came up to about 1100 K pound! IMHO that's a bargain for such expertise.

·
Registered
176 Posts
R33

A few points:

It is Nagata-san. not Nakata.

Your dyno figures are from a Dynamic Test Systems (DTS, aka Bosch dyno) - not a Dyno Dynamics. The figures are not comparable between them.

Mario.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true DCD. The first priority is reliability and driveability. I have got both now and I am happy. I have clocked about 600 km now and so far so good. I had also driven the car to work and it is okay save for some shaking at idling which really is negligible. Love the roar of the cams though.
Thanks Mario for the correction. That shows how much I know about cars and their stuffs!:p If I understand you correctly, the dyno result would differ depending on type of dyno right? But is it right to suppose that the figures would not differ hugely?
Nagata/Nakata....heh...I really don't know. Could be either!Here's a pic of him looking very happy in front of my GTR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
GTR mag track day

Sorry to change this threads direction (congrats on the mods on the car....not envious at all) but are there any track days like this near date of the autosalon. To go to tokyo to the show AND to see a skyline meet like this would be awesome :smokin: Any comments?
Dave

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
davewilkins....

Hey. Well GTR mag hasn't organised anything this year so there is a slight chance something might happen. Info on such track days/meets are always advertised in the back of GTR mag....so I can keep guys who are coming over well informed on upcoming events:)

I think the most appropriate place to post this info would bee on the "TokyoTripping" thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts