GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , I have a 2011 GTR with 3400 Miles on the clock , I was driving home the other night , Strange ticking noise , 5 Minutes later oil light on Engine Died. Nissan UK have the car , needs a new Engine !!!! Cost £55K ......!!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hi All , I have a 2011 GTR with 3400 Miles on the clock , I was driving home the other night , Strange ticking noise , 5 Minutes later oil light on Engine Died. Nissan UK have the car , needs a new Engine !!!! Cost £55K ......!!!
Cost £55k - comical. Are you running any modifications on the car mate? I hope the warranty responds okay :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope / Tiny ... I had about three spots on the garage floor .... No warning of low oil pressure or nowt / as soon as oil light came on ...Kaput ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can assure you its not , its in Westway Nissan ... It will be at least a month

I cant post a pic of it as i have only 3 posts ???

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey, you have my absolute sympathies if that's the case, hope you get it sorted out soon. It's enough to put off a few prospective (myself included) buyers after all the problems documented with engines and transmissions. Good luck...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Don't understand why Nissan throw these figures out there, £55K - isn't that more than the whole GTR when it was released?

Good to hear it's being covered

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Are you this Isn't an April fools?!

Smells a little dodgy to me....first time poster on April 1st...

In all seriousness though if it's not a piss take how te he'll can Nissan justify 55k for an engine. You can get a JUN r1 fir 15k fully installed FFS!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Even if it's not an April fool, which sounds very likely, then with any mass produced product there is always going to be a few which suffer unexplained failures, this is just one you get to hear about.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hmmm pretty scary if this is real... that's downright daft reliability? Unless the OP have a dodgy mod I don't see why this should/could happen. Well, someone on the Supra forum did tell me he heard plenty of these stories...

Lucky it is still under warranty... hopefully Nissan lets you drive something interesting in the mean time :)

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Can you get info as to where the oil leak is exactly. Just for the peace of mind of the rest of us.

Something that we can check on, just in case it was a failure due to a bad batch of oil seals or something.

Did you say MY11, if so, when was it registered?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Don't understand why Nissan throw these figures out there, £55K - isn't that more than the whole GTR when it was released?

Good to hear it's being covered
The cost of a new engine supplied to HPC is £26k and £3k to fit it...apparently cost is because it is not part of just in time production cycle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts