GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my build initially started off being a 1000bhp car which involved rods and pistons being replaced, an uprated fuel system, G30-770 turbos on standard manifolds and a HD Dodson gearset upgrade. However I soon realised that the engine would be at its limit.

So talking more to Iain and describing how the car was going to be used (runway events like Vmax200 and terminal velocity, European driving holidays with the wife, the odd trackday, and be a great street car) I decided to go for a setup which can do 1200bhp on pump fuel and about 100-200bhp more on either race fuel or ethanol. Since Litchfields’ Race engine can support power levels upto 1500bhp, it's good to know there is still head room left.

The spec is as follows:

Engine/Turbos:
  • 4.2 litre LM Race Engine
  • LM 1200 Turbo Manifold Kit with G30-900 turbos
  • New larger Race Intercooler
  • LM Quaiffe Differential
  • Billet Diff Casing
  • Billet Engine Sump
  • Header/Breather Tank Kit
  • Dual Pass Radiator
  • Billet Flywheel

Fuel System:
  • Battleship Brushless fuel system
  • Fuel Hardline Kit
  • Increased Flow Fuel Rails
  • Flex Fuel Kit

Gearbox:
  • Dodson 16 Plate clutch with Billet Baskets
  • Dodson Extreme Duty gearset (with Overdrive)

Extras:
- LM Roll Cage (Bolt in)

So the car can do well on events like Vmax200, the car has a dual pass radiator, larger race intercooler to help cool the car and a dodson 0verdrive 6th to help reach speeds above 230mph.
We have been waiting months for the billet crank to arrive from the States, and finally it arrived last week. Everything else is ready so the engine is now going together.
Images are of the current state of play with the build, the crank is in, rods next.

The wife has got wind of the build and said she wont be getting in the car lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Awesome! Lovely project, is that a billet block too? interested to see the dyno plot with these turbos.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine is now built and ready to install. Iain tells me it should be on the dyno by the end of next week where they will test it on pump fuel. Will be ready for collection in about two weeks, cannot come quick enough.
image0.jpeg

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,898 Posts
Now then, that looks very nice, almost too nice to fit in the car but too expensive for a coffee table👍😊

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
182 Posts
My god what a weapon! Can’t wait to see how this thing shifts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will they engine dyno it first?
I don’t think so, from what I understand it’s going straight in. I’m interested to see how those turbos do. I think mine is only the second GTR Litchfields have fitted these new g30-900’s to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a short update, LM titanium 102mm exhaust has been added to the build, as the current 85mm will compromise the power. Engine is currently being fitted so hope to have a dyno video and print out by the end of the week. The Diff Billet bearing housing has been added, although Iain tells me they have never had one fail, but fitted all the same. Sorry no picutres to share :(

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Nice, is there a LM 102mm Titanium offering now?
Billet diff housing is a worthwhile upgrade, I had one fitted along with the PRL billet flange last year, its more a case of insurance, as oem diff housing have been known to break and cause horrific damage to the engine block.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts