GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Life of my GTR (so far...), this will be long running slowly advancing project :)

I bought a 2010 spec car, registered in 2011 and currently I just passed 4000 miles this morning.

Here are some of the pics from Middlehurst:

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Had the car mapped when it was standard at SRR and it made 499.5bhp - very happy.

Valet Magic also fitted a ypipe, some K&N panel filters and fitted a Cobbs. I was not happy with the results of the "off-the-shelf" maps, then I found out that RyanG was doing EcuTek mapping. Since I had him map a supra of mine in the past, I jumped at the opportunity to get him mapping my GTR. Just back from getting this done and VERY happy with the results!! Dyno'd at SRR..........

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice!! Not over the top and plenty of power grahamc :wavey:
cheers :thumbsup:

Great result. Planning on getting downpipes and fuel injectors next... Will also upgrade the discs and pads when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nice one mate. I'll be following your thread. Looking to get mine mapped soon :D

Oh, great choice of colour :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Good results for an Ecutek map, mine made 600 with an exhaust and map also. More and more people are realising that a simple map and exhaust mods will get you to the 600 mark.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Ryan works from Surrey rolling road buy does a lot of travelling for mapping.

Future plans are minor mods for engine and brakes. The car is so good as it is.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red is the best colour, just a real pain to keep it clean. But damn does it look good when it's cleaned :)

Just need to find the right bits, especially if I think a turbo kit is on the horizon. Want to go out in 700-750bhp car first, if I go turbos it will more than likely not be this year.

So for this year....

Engine:
-Fuel injectors
-Downpipes
-Forge headertank - purely because standard plastic one is ugly!
-ecutek remap

Brakes (if OEM ones crack):
-AP discs all round - cannot justify the alcons cost
-Pads for the above

Suspension:
-Lowering springs - still unsure about this as my driveway is rather steep and does catch the front lip if Im not careful.
-ARBs

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Very nice results! bet it feels ace! I went from stage 2 cobb to Stage 4 Rod and it nearly pulled my face off :D

Red is the best colour, just a real pain to keep it clean. But damn does it look good when it's cleaned :)

Just need to find the right bits, especially if I think a turbo kit is on the horizon. Want to go out in 700-750bhp car first, if I go turbos it will more than likely not be this year.

So for this year....

Engine:
-Fuel injectors
-Downpipes
-Forge headertank - purely because standard plastic one is ugly!
-ecutek remap

Brakes (if OEM ones crack):
-AP discs all round - cannot justify the alcons cost
-Pads for the above

Suspension:
-Lowering springs - still unsure about this as my driveway is rather steep and does catch the front lip if Im not careful.
-ARBs
What about a cat bak exhaust, filters and fuel pumps? I was a bit concerned of the flow rates over 600hp with 1000cc injectors with stock pumps!

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks nismo.

I don't think the rear section of the exhaust needs to be changed unless going over 750 or you want a very different sound. I also don't want full intakes on the car. The downpipes and fuel injectors are more about heat and engine safety than more power. Fuel pumps is a consideration. I don't really want to fall into the modifying or chasing numbers trap with this car as it will be very expensive.

I'm just taking it slowly and enjoying the car. Stage 1.5 has been so cool because of the hiked power, gearbox changes and the overall drive ability of the car.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Know what you mean mate. I'm not interested in chasing numbers at the mo. Although money would probably be an issue anyway lol. I'm also just enjoying it for what it is at the mo, which is fantastic :smokin:

Keep us updated mate. You seem to be following the route I'd like to take, albeit I don't think i'll do the Turbo thing :chuckle: I can only imagine what it must be like with that sort of power :bowdown1:

I might give Ryan a shout soon re a re-map ; )

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Know what you mean mate. I'm not interested in chasing numbers at the mo. Although money would probably be an issue anyway lol. I'm also just enjoying it for what it is at the mo, which is fantastic :smokin:

Keep us updated mate. You seem to be following the route I'd like to take, albeit I don't think i'll do the Turbo thing :chuckle: I can only imagine what it must be like with that sort of power :bowdown1:

I might give Ryan a shout soon re a re-map ; )
Turbos won't be for sometime, probably on a year to year and halfs time. No need to go overboard all at once. Going to have this car for some time!

Truly the first car that after 6 months, I have not considered selling and I will ever really will want to :D

1 - 20 of 239 Posts