GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd celebrate today being quite close to the weekend by posting a pic of the beast.

This was taken on the Rico Rally earlier this year. 50 cars drove down through France, in to Italy and across to Switzerland taking in the Fluella and Stelvio passes. All in all covered around 3000 miles in 5 days and I would have to say it was the best driving experience of my life.

Stunning scenery, incredible roads and amazing FUN!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip.

That pic is stunning :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Agreed, great photo. I was with a group of 6 that did the Alps in June over 10 days, then my wife joined me and we spent another two and a half weeks going down through the Gorge du Verdon and back up through the Drome and central France.

Next year I hope to do the Pyrenees.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would definitely like to spend more time driving around Europe.

There's so many more great roads out there that need some attention.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Its full of "european" types and they drive on the wrong side of the road. Ireland is a lot better in my opinion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is shopped!
I removed the number plate and took out the saturation on the background to bring out the car.

Flynn, I spent quite a lot of time that week teaching them to drive on the left....they're stubborn little critters over there when it comes to lane discipline.

Some video here

and here

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Agreed, awesome week, can't wait for next year!

Thought I'd celebrate today being quite close to the weekend by posting a pic of the beast.

This was taken on the Rico Rally earlier this year. 50 cars drove down through France, in to Italy and across to Switzerland taking in the Fluella and Stelvio passes. All in all covered around 3000 miles in 5 days and I would have to say it was the best driving experience of my life.

Stunning scenery, incredible roads and amazing FUN!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car was on that road, didn't change the shadows.

But you can see the cut out where I masked the car to highlight it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Timmay!

Thought you might be lurking around here somewhere.
Unfortunately, I'm not booked up for next year on account of not being able to plan things that are more than about 2 days ahead of me.

If there's any last minute cancellations then I'll be on it!

How you enjoying your new toy?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yea i'm on here mate, didn't realise you were tho mate...lol

Thats a shame your not booked on the Rally, i'm sure their will be a last minute cancellation tho as their always is.

What have you been buying for it now??

Yea the new toy is great, just need some more goodies to arrive and it will be even better.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's your fault from seeing the bits you've been buying!

It's going up to Midlands for a full paint correction and protection. Window and light tints and gloss black roof.

Fitting CF spoiler, side vents and bonnet vents this weekend to make it go faster.

Then it's off up to Andy at ACspeedtech for RF downpipes, injectors and remap.

It's already got RF full exhaust and K&N CAI so it should be quite tasty by the time it's finished. Then i'll have to leave it until next year I think. To be honest, it's more than quick enough for me at the moment, just want a bit more noise so hoping the down pipes will provide that.

I was tempted with your springs for sale, think it would look great a bit lower but it def wouldn't be compatible with the farm track I live down which pretty much resembles the surface of the moon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts