GTR Forum banner

My GTR

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Oz_GTR_Boy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone :wavey:
thought i'd post up some pics of my GTR.. i live in Brisbane QLD Australia.
first pics are when i picked it up. last pics are of it @ the fast fours and rotaries Jamboree, which was on the weekend.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mods are: Haltech E11V2 ecu, White Volk TE37's 18x9.5 with 275/35/18 rubber, Ganador mirrors, 4" hks stainless (turbo back), *now with Carbon Bonnet, N1 Carbon wing blade, Carbon lower lip. all Carbon products were made by me @ work.. I'm a composite technician by trade and work at a company called Custom Carbon here in Oz..
any comments welcome... enquiries too

#4 ·
Nicely done there. I like the vent/scoop thingie for the intake on the hood.

#22 ·
Interior - well just getting some new speakers and a nice headunit.. i think the standard interior looks nice in the 33 so it will stay as is..

Yeah the full bodied 33 we did is still getting around, got neglected so doesn't look the best anymore. With some tlc it will look shmick again...
here's some pics

If you'd like to speak about carbon fibre you can either write something here in this thread or pm me... or call Custom Carbon (07) 38652014 not sure about international call details... am happy to answer any questions anyone has...

#24 ·
Excellent carbon work.

Ive got a few questions,

-how did you make your moulds? did you use the original items to make females? or custom?

-also what type of layup was it. was it wet? vac bag? or did you use prepreg? autoclave?

Must have been a pain to keep the weave quality if it was wet :)

Also did you notice how much weight you saved?

#25 ·
yeah original parts but the bootlid was a custom built plug...
we vac bag everything.. it is an absolute pain trying to keep the weave perfect.. but practice makes perfect.
weight saved is alot on all items.. gtr boot is 28kg carbon one is 4.5kg bonnet is 6-7kgs the vets on my bonnet dropped my engine bay temp by 25 degrees, i'd say it works wonders.. Not really saving that much weight just getting heat out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.