GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been my dream to race in the legendary Macau Grand Prix, and now I have the chance, and I was more then glad that I took out the GTR33 to race on this challenging race track... Walls inches away, no run off and fenced only by concrete and barriers...

Also my prays goes to Phillip Yau and Luis Filipe de Souza who gave their lives pushing to the limit of this circuit, RIP fellow racer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1xaXy3eDQo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys... it sure was an exhilrating experience.

More photos available on my facebook: [email protected]

I'll be using this GTR in season 2013 as well chasing for the HKAA Championship

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I don't think I can ever race there... I had thought about it.
But realistically, I just don't think my skill is up to the job...

And of course, crashes are pretty common and damage are always huge.
If something spin in front of you, there is no place to run and the choice are either a big car park in front of you, or a concrete barrier... neither are a good choice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The pits and garages are no where near the hotels (pits are close to the ferry port). But during the race weekend, there are shuttle buses running to and fro hotels to the track entrance.

I don't really have a recommendation for hotels, they are all very decent, as long as you're not looking for the cheap budget hotels. Just book early, as hotels tend to fill up close to race week. You might even find race teams staying at the same hotel as you!

·
547 Posts
Hi Tommy
Was checking up on your progress this year on hkaa website, looks like we got 2 skylines in the championship! :)
According to entry list, you're driving a #98 R32 this year and there's a #88 R33 GTR leading the group in championship now? Is this correct?
Well done guys. Give us an update here! :) :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts