GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another GTT-R Conversion. I have had my GTT for almost two years now but the exterior to me leaves much to be desired, the potential is there but at the same time exterior parts do not come cheap. My friend called me some time a back, a year or so ago letting me know that his GTR was in an accident and the entire front was roasted, yep a roasted V-spec. The once aluminum bonnet is no longer there and the fenders are very brittle and also not all together. He offered to let me take what I wanted at a price of course as I indicated that I was after parts to accentuate my GTT appearance. As time passed on I collected my funds and bit by bit took items off him and I have reached a point where I got most items that I could have, with some fine stuff still to collect. So to date this is just an update of what I have collected for my conversion. It is in no way a GTR conversion as I am keeping my RB25DET but it's just that the GTR appearance looks so much more appealing with the wider fenders and the aggressive front. Things collected,
Full GTR interior inclusive of the door cards and rear seat side interior although not pictured,

GTR Door Sills,

GTR V-spec Air Condition and Vents with MFD housing and V-Spec Stereo surround and shifter boot setup. GTT has a grey coloured A/C vent that deos not match with the MFD cover,

Things still to collect are the GTR steering wheel, GTR center Console and GTR lower plastic by stereo console area as mine is scratched up.
GTR Spoiler,

GTR Front Brembos,

You can see the HKS coilovers there as well but they tops are completely gone and not sure if the coilover itself is any good from the heat but they are stiff as [email protected]#k. Maybe the top can be replaced, time will tell.
Nismo bumper with slight damage that is more than fixable with the lower lip,

OEM Plastic Front Bumper, needs some love as well, always good to have a spare,

GTR skirting with Nismo sides and rear spats. One side sustained some damged in the accident, hopefully can be salvageable even though it is missing a decent amount, gonna try and have it professionally done in plastic as well for the side skirting. The damaged rear spat will be glassed over, shouldn't be tood bad,

Damaged Side Skirting,

End Caps,

Damaged Rear spats,

That's it for now, the rear fenders will be removed and I should be paying for a pair of front CF vented Z-tune fenders this week. All missing now is the bonnect and the tailights. Tailight covers will be had along with the rear brembos in the coming weeks. I am tihnking gunmetal or even a graphite grey and keeping a CF trunklid and bonnet and keeping the nismo skirtings in black to match the diffusers if I ever get them. Let me know your thoughts. And I could not afford a GTR so don't tell me I could have as the price I paid for the items was not bad at all.

The engine will be having some work done eventually, RB26DETT ITB setup adapted along with an HKs cast low mount mani and HKS external gate with a GT3076R or maybe a GT35R, have the mani and gate and also the ITB setup already. Not in a rush as I need the turbo and injectors and may go with a Power FC or Vipec later on. Will order a headgasket and headstuds but keep everything else stock until I can get some money for cams. May actually work a deal with the same fella and take the getrag box and his HKS twin disc setup that had three days of use and do the conversion for it to run RWD. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it will take some time as I have to save a bit again to do the conversion itself but I have most of the main items.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're doing well finding the parts. It's a worthwhile project, my GTT looked so much better after I did the conversion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thumbs p guys, I know a lot of people would just say why not buy a GTR, but I honestly probably would not be able to afford one, I got things reasonably priced so I bought when I could on and off. The guy agreed to keep the parts and not advertise and he knows that I am honest and a Nissan guy at heart. I am forever greatful to him. Just need to save for that getrag now :D. It is really a sad sight to see the once Vspec in the state it is, hopefully I can bring my car to a similar standard with a little bit more power to the rear wheels.

·
6,817 Posts
You're doing well finding the parts. It's a worthwhile project, my GTT looked so much better after I did the conversion.
Do you pics of your Dean?

Great Project Trini . . . and good luck finding your GTR fenders.

Chris

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well some updates kind of. Took the morning today and fitted some of the GTR interior bits I had. What a morning but everything turned out great . I installed my GTR rear seats, rear plastic covers, rear mats (three piece), GTR door cards, door sills, Vspec, stereo surround and shifter surround, GTR a/c vent and A/C controls as well with the AMB tmep control button feature to let you know of the temp outside. Stereo and timer and boost controller were also swapped around to allow for the Vspec stereo surround to fit properly. Transferred the GTT shift boot leather as it is different to the GTR leather and does not fit proper.

I mocked up the GTR seats and I now know what needs to be done to make them a bolt on affair. I have still to collect the center armrest from my friend along with some other items but the job was a smooth one. The center armrest has the red stitching that is synonomous with the GTR. I have yet to tackle the MFD but should not be too bad but I am waiting on the MFD harness and also I wanna try getting the GTR instrument panel same time or a Nismo GTT instrument panel as it is so much nicer than the stocker. Pics will follow tomorrow when I get a chance. Only thing I did not like is that the GTR rear seat backrest does not fit like the GTT, it leaves a space to the back of it where it meets the parcel shelf so from the rear if you look closely you can see a space. I know it's there so it is a little annoying but I can live with it. The seats are also considerably heavier than my GTT rear seats too.

Still waiting on those CF fenders as all I am needing are those and the rear fenders for my exterior conversion to start. I have also placed an order for a pair of 18X9.5 +12mm TE37s and they have been shipped and on their way to me, should be here in two weeks or thereabouts. Can't wait.

GTR Door interior installed,

GTR Door sills,

Noy a good pic but here is my dash setup rearranged, swapped the stereo and gadget slots and also you can see the GTR vents and GTR A/C control setup as well as installed the Vspec stereo and shifter surround plastics. Reason for the GTR A/C vents and controls is that the GTT has a sticky grey setup while the GTR has a nice black plastic

GTR AMB A/C control button displays outside temp

GTR Rear Seats and rear plastics,

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
You will need to check those GTR side skirts thats the one thing that wont fit beacause the GTR has wider wheel arch's than the GTT so the skirts will be too short ,unless youre planning on changing the wings on the GTT .Good luck with the conversion you have some tasty parts there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah I am getting rear metal fenders and also CF front fenders as well so they should fit right on there :D.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great conversion TriniGT. If you need the BNR34 throttle bodies, throttle position sensor and ER34 Power FC with Hand Commander, let me know coz I've got it hanging around my store room. :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually have the option here looking at me as I am thinking of swapping an SR20DET in my silvia and building the RB26 setup for the ER34. We'll see, it has most of the bells and whistles so we'll see, it's just a matter of putting it all together. Parts list is a bit extensive but only looking at 450-500HP.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts