GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You missed out on a real good 'un. Plenty of action and lots of laughs. The event was held at a local airfield and went really well except for one person who kept getting up in trouble with the owner despite several telling off's. I'd be well up for organising one of these days just for us Skyline people. I felt left out with it just being me! ;) £50 for a full day.....15 cars.....must be a rainy day so as to not harm the tarmac. So who'd be up for that then? Don't all shout out at once! ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Do I spy Mr Nana's car there?

Are these events you go to part of Option Drift Club??

Promised Kiki I'd go to the next one anyway.

He said he'd show me how to do a 100mph 360 degree spin.
Better be in his car!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Option

Yep, I helped start the Option Drift Club. Most of us Option boys are there as we're all local. The rest of the cars are two drift teams called Team Night Spirit, and ..... err ...... Team Raging Demon's. I'm in TNS and Option.

James

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
James,
So was you at JAE at Billing the other day on Kiki's stand?

If so, so was I in my 32, with brother (STi4) and couson (GT4)!

Didn't know it was you!:rolleyes:

These alias's get to comfusing for me. Remembering what face goes with what name/car/Register name.

Probably see you at the next meet then.:D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent

Yet another recruit! ;)

I'll be organising another one next month. Probably on a Monday! Otherwise it will have to be a wet Sunday. The owner of the airfield doesn't want any damage to the tarmac so we have to do it when it rains or get the fire brigade in to wet the surface ;)

Cheers

James

S

·
0 Posts
Yup!

Looks like total-fun:)

Now I must go and get me a cheap S13....

or perhaps i can use my 309GTI in reverse hehe;)

Great stuff James.

Glen

S

·
0 Posts
On reading again

I'd be up for some of that, only day off I get is a sunday and i gotta come from the isle of wight but Id love a go, thought how much fun it looked when I was reading about your shenanighans in Banzai mag.

Are these sideways get-togethers down in the South James?

BTW dont worry about picking a day - just pick any day and you will pretty much guarantee it will be raining LOL ;)

Glen

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S13

Hi Glen,

Yep....S13's are the daddy when it comes to cheap dori chariot! I'm trying to buy one at the moment from a fella off the SX Owners Club. It's an auto, but I want it because it probably hasn't been thrashed. Manual conversion is really easy too!

It's definately worth having a drift car. If not for improving driving skills, just for fun!

£1k on an S13
£1.5 on suspension
£1k on filter, zorst, and more boost

Instant Drift Machine ;)

James

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too quick for me

Your posts are!

Yeah, they have to be held on wet days so as to not **** the tarmac at the airfield. If it's on a Sunday it'd have to be a days notice really....i.e. Me waking up on Saturday morning, looking at the clouds, and thinking "yep, it's gonna piss down all weekend. better round up the boys for a dori session".

Sounds like you work too hard. I'll keep you informed anyway. Send me an email to [email protected] with AIRFIELD as the subject and I'll add you to my database.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's mine!

It's mine...he he ;) It's my Skyline drift slag ;)

I had an accident in it a few months back and it's not 100% there yet. I'm putting it off the road for a while to get it finished perfectly. Probably a respray in Bayside Blue. For the time being I should be picking up a S13 in a few days! ;)

Glad you like it. There's been mixed opinions!

James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Option

Dear. James

I didn't know you started Option Drift Club.
Haven't seen you organised our drift day.

From

Cat Option & People from Drift Club :confused:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drift Action

Okay,

Well how about this....

I started Option Drift Action, then Kiki started Option Drift Club?

By I started Option Drift Club, I mean that I organised the first meeting that we all went to at Bruntingthorpe.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Drifting...

Well up for that, but let us Scottish boys know in plenty time, cause it's a bit of a trek. Probably enough time for the new tyres I'd need after to arrive actually!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts