GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my GT-R, now that I installed all the carbon pieces. When I took the photos the car wasn't particularly clean but since the car is black, its never particularly clean! The car is still missing carbon side mirror covers but apart from that its complete.

Wife's Evo X and my GT-R

Carbon front grille and lip

Carbon lip, grille and JDM LED's

Carbon bonnet vent(s)

"The nose"

Carbon fender vent(s)

Side of the car in its full glory

Carbon rear wing, side skirts and rear diffuser

Carbon rear wing and diffuser

Carbon rear diffuser

Carbon side skirts

Carbon door mirror switch sourround (and in the back some more carbon, left of the dash panel)

Carbon gear lever surround

Carbon main console pieces

Recaro Monza Seatfix boosters in Cherry/Black - ideal companion to Black Edition interior (now without back rests)

Recaro Monza Seatfix boosters in Cherry/Black - ideal companion to Black Edition interior (with back rests, when kids were a bit smaller)

Tune will follow at some point but it won't be more than 580-600hp one. Basically I still want to be able pass the emission test without any worries, so we will see how much can one get without removing the cats.

Regards from Zagreb, Croatia!

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
very quick question

have you been to the UK in that car? because i saw one 2 or 3 weeks back on the M25 with a load of ski gear on the roof rack

:)

looking smart

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God no! Would never ever put a ski rack on the GT-R, that's what Evo (and Thule) are for!

very quick question

have you been to the UK in that car? because i saw one 2 or 3 weeks back on the M25 with a load of ski gear on the roof rack

:)

looking smart

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Looks great!

Are those seats installed with isofix?

I had one of those but sent it back as I found it a bit too bulky.

They seem perfect in yours.

Did you have some kind of seat protection underneath them?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vast majority of carbon pieces (well, everything apart from the grille) are from Creative Carbon. I can PM you their details if you want, I actually heard of the guys through charles charlie - if I remember it correctly, it was quite a few months ago!

Looks great, where's the rear wing from if you don't mind? cheers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, isofix indeed. They are a bit bulky, very true. Furthermore for me, with my 193cm, impossible to install, as I cant fit in the back no matter what. Fortunately, the guy who sells Recaros baby seats here in Zagreb however is a small guy and he had no issues whatsoever (and was obviously very skilled at getting them to fit).

The protection underneath - Recaro baby chair protectors - yup, these exist. I had one protector under each seat, other on the back of front seats, but now I only use the one to protect the back of the front seats.

Cheers!

Looks great!

Are those seats installed with isofix?

I had one of those but sent it back as I found it a bit too bulky.

They seem perfect in yours.

Did you have some kind of seat protection underneath them?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Very very nice :D Well done!

The baby seats looks spot on but from observation would it be difficult to buckle it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thnx!

Its not that difficult actually - at first I needed to fiddle each time, now its click-and-done. Plus the daughter now buckles herself, so even less work. :)

Very very nice :D Well done!

The baby seats looks spot on but from observation would it be difficult to buckle it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice nice ! Similar cosmetics to what I was thinking for my red GTR can you tell me where you got the exterior carbon parts please ?

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As i wrote earlier:
Vast majority of carbon pieces (well, everything apart from the grille) are from Creative Carbon. I can PM you their details if you want, I actually heard of the guys through charles charlie - if I remember it correctly, it was quite a few months ago!

Nice nice ! Similar cosmetics to what I was thinking for my red GTR can you tell me where you got the exterior carbon parts please ?

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
As i wrote earlier:
Yes if you could pm please :thumbsup:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks fantastic, Im too just in the process of speccing some cf exterior parts so would be interested in a pm with details for creative carbon please.
Did you fit these yourself, if so how did fitment compare to oem parts

Thx

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill PM you the details, np.

The quality is very nice but fitment was a pain - the guys where I have work done on my GT-R really had to put some quite effort to have make everything fit perfect. It involved some modifications, drilling, improvisation... as is sadly usually the case with carbon. However nothing that couldn't be done and end-result is absolutely perfect.

But for sure not DIY job - even if skilled chances are you'll need something which you wont have (tool or screw or...).

Looks fantastic, Im too just in the process of speccing some cf exterior parts so would be interested in a pm with details for creative carbon please.
Did you fit these yourself, if so how did fitment compare to oem parts

Thx

1 - 20 of 34 Posts