21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, you heard the customer story , now the workshop story :D

The parts are ok, but they need some improvisation and work to set them up properly

I will show you some mistakes on products , nothing that can't be fixed but when you unload serious $$ for CF you expect to all be on it's place...

OEM hood vent part

CF part

So, little measurment and drilling needed

Bottom part of rear bumper

OEM

You see it have many of these tooths wich is needed to hook up the upper part of bumper

CF part does not have tooth or correct number of them, so improvisation is needed to fix that

... same story for fender parts , no hooks, and provided double-side sticky tape is not safe , i reckon it would fall off :D

Paint on parts is not perfect either, but in this lucky case all errors was on bottom parts where you can't see them, so repainting was not needed

Also for rear trunk spoiler they could provide stickers to cover the mounting holes, but i forgot to take picture , sideskirts holes not matching and there is more invisible details that nedded to be done also.

All in all , it could be better, but afterall it all depends on price of parts :D . Main thing is that customer is satisfied :D

So, parts yes, but don't do it home :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well it was more than worth it for me :)

end result = great, overall price (parts + fuel to get to SB and back + your effort) = great

:popcorn:

Ok, you heard the customer story , now the workshop story :D

The parts are ok, but they need some improvisation and work to set them up properly

I will show you some mistakes on products , nothing that can't be fixed but when you unload serious $$ for CF you expect to all be on it's place...

OEM hood vent part

CF part

So, little measurment and drilling needed

Bottom part of rear bumper

OEM

You see it have many of these tooths wich is needed to hook up the upper part of bumper

CF part does not have tooth or correct number of them, so improvisation is needed to fix that

... same story for fender parts , no hooks, and provided double-side sticky tape is not safe , i reckon it would fall off :D

Paint on parts is not perfect either, but in this lucky case all errors was on bottom parts where you can't see them, so repainting was not needed

Also for rear trunk spoiler they could provide stickers to cover the mounting holes, but i forgot to take picture , sideskirts holes not matching and there is more invisible details that nedded to be done also.

All in all , it could be better, but afterall it all depends on price of parts :D . Main thing is that customer is satisfied :D

So, parts yes, but don't do it home :D

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
I don't mean to crap on your thread, but I will shortly be posting my experiences of Knight Racer carbon skirts, rear valance and engine cover and they did not have any of the fitment issues you appear to have.

Still, the final result looks great on your car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
haha don't worry, i am well aware of the issues that were there. fortunately, as you said, final result is great, and that counts (especially since it wasn't myself that had to do the actual work / modifications!)

I don't mean to crap on your thread, but I will shortly be posting my experiences of Knight Racer carbon skirts, rear valance and engine cover and they did not have any of the fitment issues you appear to have.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts

I look forward to reading that David. Planning on getting those myself when i've saved enough pennies :thumbsup:

And ozren your car looks awesome!!

·
Registered
366 Posts

Did you get a definative - will the KR rear valance fit onto a MY 2011?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Did you get a definative - will the KR rear valance fit onto a MY 2011?
I don't think so. The KR valance re-uses the OEM 09-10 carbon under-diffuser, which is completely different on the 11-12.

You could try chopping one around to accommodate the later diffuser, but it won't fit out of the box IMO.

Call Albert at KR and ask him for the definitive answer.

·
Registered
248 Posts

C'mon David were all waiting even guys at knight racer told me to check out the parts fitted on your car if they look cool enough guess I'll be getting some goodies :smokin:

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Sorry ozren, will start my own thread tomorrow afternoon if I have time!

Look under the Projects section, watch out for a Stealth Zilla thread!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't think so. The KR valance re-uses the OEM 09-10 carbon under-diffuser, which is completely different on the 11-12.

You could try chopping one around to accommodate the later diffuser, but it won't fit out of the box IMO.

Call Albert at KR and ask him for the definitive answer.
Did speak to Albert - he wasn't too sure if it would fit or could be made to fit.
Will sit tight for the minute I think.

P

21 - 34 of 34 Posts