GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Going up Eau-Rouge, front nearside wheel was catching the arch liner. Hoping the DSC controller from Hugh can resolve that, as I'd still like to keep the Litchfield suspension with electronic dampering.
Loving the write-up Tin.

What an amazing backdrop to test your car in, I for one am quite jealous.

Reference your point above, the increased downforce created as you power through Eau-Rouge has no doubt caused the suspension to travel further than is desirable.

It will be straightforward to resolve this with the DSC Sport controller.

Given that the outside wheels receive more damping than the inside wheel as standard, it may be that the standard suspension set-up within the DSC Sport will automatically dial this out.

I could however prepare strategies for you to take to the track that would restrict the wheel to body movement further so that you could very quickly change this on the day.

The best approach would be to have three race maps installed in the controller so that you could flick between them while you were on track.

I could also prepare further maps that you could load between sessions should you need more.

Cheers

Hugh

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Perfect Hugh, that's exactly what I was hoping for :)

Do you have maps that can be uploaded for most popular circuits? Silverstone/Donnington & Spa would be great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Tin,

The maps that are pre-programmed into the DSC Sport controller before delivery are initially car specific.

Variables that are used to develop the maps that are pre-programmed into your DSC Sport controller with are: -

Tyre widths
Anti-roll bar type
Litchfield / Standard suspension
Castor kit fitted / not
Driver preferences on Neutral handling / Grip biased to the front or to the rear

While the initial maps will work well for road and the odd track day, track variables that can be optimised within the DSC Sport controller to improve lap times are: -

Smooth open track – e.g. Silverstone
Tight twisty Track with kerbs – e.g. Knockhill

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update :

Now have completed the last piece in the puzzle.. a built gearbox courtesy of Litchfields.
At the same time, updated to v7 and alittle more boost..

Power now is 950hp/724lbs. The whine from the gearbox in 3rd/4th is audible and quite a nice 'racecar' sound, intown driving is pretty much oem too, apart from the noise, you'd not know it. :)

Went along to the GTRDC runway day yesterday and car felt good, a few issues with the throttlebodies and the heat expansion. They were adjusted by Iain & Scott, then did afew more runs, hitting 195.5mph (within a mile).

Adding some race fuel from Birch Peformance (Martin), Iain updated the map to unleash alittle more boost and it got faster hitting 199.4 and then onto 203.4mph to claim 3rd place.

Really wanted to break into the 200mph club, last year got 193.5mph. The fuel and alittle more boost got an extra 10mph.. it still had alittle more to rev in 6th, with a longer surface it'll probably get 210mph. The issue now is the aero and didn't like the wipers/bonnet/vents lifting at 200! Will be fitting a vented carbon bonnet to help keep engine temps down, think the issue is the throttlebodies are still heating up being directly above the turbos, and the no where for the heat to go. There were initial long queues at the runway startline, which didn't help.. Infact the last 3 runs were back to back with a slow cooling drive back to the start line and intake temps were lower which helped.

Big thanks to Iain and team, pushing the 6758s to max safe consistency. Birch Performance for the Race fuel. GTRDC & Javelin for a good day and the GTR Cartel boys for the friendly competitive nature we GTR owners all have deep down :)

Apologises to Hugh, couldn't try the new dsc maps as my laptop crashed and wouldn't bootup. Will get them uploaded and tested soon. It still felt good at 200mph RC Off :)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Tin,

What an amazing result from a car that drives with stock like performance.

I love how well your car runs.

Onwards and upwards.

Look forward to hearing back on the latest DSC maps once you have a chance to try them out

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Update :

Now have completed the last piece in the puzzle.. a built gearbox courtesy of Litchfields.
At the same time, updated to v7 and alittle more boost..

Power now is 950hp/724lbs. The whine from the gearbox in 3rd/4th is audible and quite a nice 'racecar' sound, intown driving is pretty much oem too, apart from the noise, you'd not know it. :)

Went along to the GTRDC runway day yesterday and car felt good, a few issues with the throttlebodies and the heat expansion. They were adjusted by Iain & Scott, then did afew more runs, hitting 195.5mph (within a mile).

Adding some race fuel from Birch Peformance (Martin), Iain updated the map to unleash alittle more boost and it got faster hitting 199.4 and then onto 203.4mph to claim 3rd place.

Really wanted to break into the 200mph club, last year got 193.5mph. The fuel and alittle more boost got an extra 10mph.. it still had alittle more to rev in 6th, with a longer surface it'll probably get 210mph. The issue now is the aero and didn't like the wipers/bonnet/vents lifting at 200! Will be fitting a vented carbon bonnet to help keep engine temps down, think the issue is the throttlebodies are still heating up being directly above the turbos, and the no where for the heat to go. There were initial long queues at the runway startline, which didn't help.. Infact the last 3 runs were back to back with a slow cooling drive back to the start line and intake temps were lower which helped.

Big thanks to Iain and team, pushing the 6758s to max safe consistency. Birch Performance for the Race fuel. GTRDC & Javelin for a good day and the GTR Cartel boys for the friendly competitive nature we GTR owners all have deep down :)

Apologises to Hugh, couldn't try the new dsc maps as my laptop crashed and wouldn't bootup. Will get them uploaded and tested soon. It still felt good at 200mph RC Off :)
Nicw work congrats!! so 6758s can get nearly 1000bhp? nice! i thought only 7 series would give that + 7153?

Reactions: Tin

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Yes, they can do 1000hp with race fuel and upping the rev limit. :)
cool so max is about 950 on pump fuel then?... Why did you not fancy 7 series EFrs?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
cool so max is about 950 on pump fuel then?... Why did you not fancy 7 series EFrs?
I've had the 6758s from mid 2015 and wanted close to OEM turbo spool, these provided that, the 7163s give more power and have alittle higher spool.. with remapping improvements now, they are not far off.

2nd place at the runway day went to a chap with 7163 with a 209mph terminal.. Not much in it to be far, some dragy 30-130mph times to compare would be good to see mid range differences.

Likewise the jump to 7663s (Martins) would be nice difference, easily 1200hp with supported mods (better injectors/fuel pumps etc), but I think the 3.8 lump would feel laggy with those, maybe 4.0 or stroker would ease that, so its not a big shove when they spool up :)

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
So now its all done, you're selling? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
No replacement lined up, so won’t be selling anytime soon. Actually have a few bits lined up for winter.. :)
Glad to hear you aren't selling it anymore! Such a good car. Looking forward to seeing this run soon!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Tin,

Was wondering what the Bride/Cusco Stradia II seats are like, how much lower than stock ones and any good places to get them from

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi Tin,

Was wondering what the Bride/Cusco Stradia II seats are like, how much lower than stock ones and any good places to get them from
They're really nice seats, very snug fit (for small bums) and comfortable on long journeys (have driven to Belguim/Germany quite a few times without any back ache etc). One thing I noticed is the support for the rear shoulder blades, not something I've really needed before, but as its there its nice feeling.

I got mine shipped from Japan, you can try Lithfields or Co-Ord Sport. Beware of cheap copies though. They do sit lower than oem though.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
They're really nice seats, very snug fit (for small bums) and comfortable on long journeys (have driven to Belguim/Germany quite a few times without any back ache etc). One thing I noticed is the support for the rear shoulder blades, not something I've really needed before, but as its there its nice feeling.

I got mine shipped from Japan, you can try Lithfields or Co-Ord Sport. Beware of cheap copies though. They do sit lower than oem though.
Think you bought them via newera from memory

Seats are comfy but I think even though they are listed, they are not manufactured any longer (sadly)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I***8217;ve just done a 200 mile round trip this morning to see Andy R35Audio, and although the standard seats are ok those side bolsters do feel as though they dig into my legs, I had a sit in the Nismo 2015 at Litchfield and those seats felt better than the cba black edition seats. I will try and see if I can find anyone in the West Midlands that has those Bride seats or something similar for me to check sitting in

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Update on my car, (as I still have it) :)

After missing out on the initial LM billet diff housings, and waiting for them to find a new supplier, I had a billet diff housing fitted, along with the billet PRL diff flange. At the same time I upgraded to a Greddy enlarged Inlet Manifold, which also had previously been superfinished internally to smooth out any surfaces.

Along with Ecutek v8, it finally cracked the 4 digits with 1001bhp on vpower. Iain has said this is pretty much at the limit of my current 1050cc injectors and and with my twin fuel pump setup, looking to update these soon, to get a reliable and safe setup.

Hopefully should now crack under 10s in the 1/4mile!

·
Registered
296 Posts
You taken a look at the Radium fuel hanger/system?
Should flow plenty once you get bigger injectors or a 12 setup.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Radium fuel system is not a true Surge tank and lacks allot of the abilities of the fuel system I am developing.

Am hoping to have the prototype running in my car this week.

My system will be a true Surge Tank that will fit inside the standard fuel tank, so will not be visible once installed.

The first system has it's own controller with three brushless fuel pumps supplying the engine. The Surge Tank will be kept full using two lift pumps plus the standard venturi's.

The controller will manage the fuel delivery to the engine so that it has just enough fuel at all times in order to keep the fuel temperature as low as possible.

There is nothing like it in the market and solve all the fuel delivery problems I am aware of.

There will be options on the number of fuel pumps once the system goes into production.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts