GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
looks good

cant wait to see the final result

when i first saw the matt gold wasnt a huge fan but it has definately grown on me

also ther seems to be a bubble o some sort near the vent goin downwards on the bonnet? or is that just me?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good

cant wait to see the final result

when i first saw the matt gold wasnt a huge fan but it has definately grown on me

also ther seems to be a bubble o some sort near the vent goin downwards on the bonnet? or is that just me?
Thats no bubble, its the bulge on the bonnet. This matt gold shows all the feature lines of the car

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love that, if you don't mind me asking how much? Its vinyl wrap and not paint I take it?
Its a vinyl wrap, so its reversible when time to sell. best of both worlds

Ur looking at about £2k, for a matt gold finish. Other colours and effects are cheaper

·
Registered
816 Posts
I would like to see a wrapped car in the metal as I'm curious to how it feels, will it wash like a normall paint finish maybe better/worse.

I'd like a matt black or maybe blue metallic but how hard is it to get the wrap off? will its scratch the paint or take ages to get all the glue off (like when you try and peel a sticky label off plastic)

Something to consider for the future. I was looking at a white M6 on piston heads thinking it was a rare colour and turned out it was red underneath and had been wrapped. Good way of making an awful colour more sellable I thought. (no offense to the red GTR owners as I like them but the M6 looks shh-height)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a vinyl wrap, so its reversible when time to sell. best of both worlds

Ur looking at about £2k, for a matt gold finish. Other colours and effects are cheaper
That looks really good and very good value. I live in Dubai and want mine done in chrome silver but have been quoted 50,000AED (thats approx £8,500 at todays exchange rate). So not only does the GTR cost £15k more than the UK, looks like foiling costs more too :bawling: Who said tax free earning is good...:nervous:

Look forward to seeing finished product.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think the chrome look is a little tacky. Save your 50kAED! Its like a cheap bling look like chrome mirrors or shiny wheels.

Matt black however looks:smokin: I like the matt gold too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to see a wrapped car in the metal as I'm curious to how it feels, will it wash like a normall paint finish maybe better/worse.

I'd like a matt black or maybe blue metallic but how hard is it to get the wrap off? will its scratch the paint or take ages to get all the glue off (like when you try and peel a sticky label off plastic)

Something to consider for the future. I was looking at a white M6 on piston heads thinking it was a rare colour and turned out it was red underneath and had been wrapped. Good way of making an awful colour more sellable I thought. (no offense to the red GTR owners as I like them but the M6 looks shh-height)
My m6 was wrapped white. Sold it for GTR. I removed the wrap myself, no residue, no scratches,

These lads wrap bugatti's and slr's chrome. Check the link

They are the best

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the chrome look is a little tacky. Save your 50kAED! Its like a cheap bling look like chrome mirrors or shiny wheels.

Matt black however looks:smokin: I like the matt gold too:thumbsup:
Hear what your saying but the colour I am after is not the chrome - which as you say looks bling indeed. This colour is something special indeed and comes out matt looking. Difficult to describe but it looks just like the E92 M3 colour when officially launched. Need to find a cheaper supplier though!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hear what your saying but the colour I am after is not the chrome - which as you say looks bling indeed. This colour is something special indeed and comes out matt looking. Difficult to describe but it looks just like the E92 M3 colour when officially launched. Need to find a cheaper supplier though!!
It was your misleading comment "chrome silver" that made me think that. I'd like to see a matt/chrome silver as I can't picture it at all?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
my mates cousin owns a chrome lamborghini

he pretty wealthy has a number of businesses one of them is a car wash on manchester

he use to have two lombo a purple one and a yellow one

got rid of them both and got a chrome lambo

i havent seen it but my brothers and cousins tell me it doesnt look all that in the flesh and that the purple and yellow were much better...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts