GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old man was driving a Fiat Multipla all the time, one of the most horrible car creations ever . . . glad he got this one now, have fun old dude.:popcorn:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's the poor men's Ferrari. Was surprised he swaped his Multipla for this one . . . but it's OK , his name is Rossini!:chuckle:
He made allready a new friend in the neighbor town . . . same aged man has an F430 (white), I think I will have a chat with thoses old twats in the next days.;) :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
According to certain motoring journalists the 348 is not very good in the handling stakes compared to a 355 or 550 but compared to normal cars, it's much better...

And as a poor man's Ferrari, the servicing costs are still painful.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of cours the servicing is allways hell with Ferraris. Especially when you get Gearbox problems and the clutch also not holds to the high standards you await from it.
But I think this Ferrari is good for someone enjoying the machinery (mostly in the garage), and drives max 5000kms a year.(to the pub and back)
Then you should be OK with servicing costs . . .

·
Registered
160 Posts
My god it's tuned??? Azev Wheels & those horrible rear lights covers... Pouark!!! :chuckle:

PS: arf Luxembourg... As an average French guy it will always amaze me... Poor people please get outta here... :banned:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My god it's tuned??? Azev Wheels & those horrible rear lights covers... Pouark!!! :chuckle:

PS: arf Luxembourg... As an average French guy it will always amaze me... Poor people please get outta here... :banned:
lol . . . at least his wife has not a Porsche Cayenne TURBO S . .as all average wifes seem to drive to the local shopping mall in Lux. in our times.:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I drove a 348 and a 355 today (missus got me a performance car day for my 30th birthday) and I have to say I prefered the 348 to the 355 ! Even though the 355 is my favourite looking ferarri, well apart from the F40.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
things i would do to it is definately change back to the stock wheels, and those horrid tail light covers back to standard!

happy birthday snowfiend, and is it possoble i saw you driving towards hastings a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
694 Posts

I test drove a lhd 348ts a few years ago when I was looking for my next car, I ended up getting my GT-R instead though as it was a lot faster than the fezza, I have to say though that I absolutely love the 348 and seeing as they still go for in excess of 22k upwards I find it hard to believe that it's a 'poor mans Ferrari' ?! a Mondial or a crappy old 308gt4 yes but no way a 348.

As for the high service and runing costs, well, when I test drove one and asked re the costs at KHPC and Talacrest (whom have now changed name I believe) then I was quite surprised as the yearly service was circa £400 a service inc cambelt was around £700 to £800 and a clutch change fitted was under £1,000 add to this the insurance was (at the time) £600 and my GT-R cost £850 and the better fuel consumption on the 348 in some ways I was kinda gutted I didn't get one !

I know why I didn't get one every time the GT-R comes on full boost though ;)

I know one thing, if I was ever to sell my GT-R and look for something in the 348 price range I would certainly NEVER have a Porsche badge on the front of my car, it would have to be the unreliable italian every day in my book !!

Saying all of the above I don't know if I would leave the horrid coloured rear grill and the non std wheels on your neighbours car though, I would return the fezza to std as I think it'd look far better.

Shaun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.