GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Administrator
31,528 Posts
TBH i am going for a double din now. Not having a radio is not fun anymore. And streaming music is costly. You need a amp. From headjack to amp and from amp to speakers. For power you will need a car usb charger. Open it and solder the radio plus + an mines - cords to the charger. And from the charger to tablet via usb. I had a problem with alternator noise in sound and had to use a 12 to 220v converter to get rid of the problem. So it's like charging it at home. My other tablet (the 10 inch) didn't had this problem. This tablet fit's like a factory made thing becouse if it's size. I made 2 brackets behind it to keep it in place. 2 apps needed, one for saving power and other one for let the tablet stay on when charging. I chek that and put it here later.
I can't use the consult Bluetooth adapater becouse of my aftermarket ECU.
if you buy a tablet with bluetooth in it you don't need anything els to conact it.
hope this helps. Don't mind my english :runaway:

defenitly watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ALYArl5S4
can't you just load the tablet with music? Seems crazy switching to a bog standard headunit now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've installed my Tab 2 bud, works brilliant with the 4 channel amp i purchased with Bluetooth receiver, so i can just stream to the amp without any AUX /Head jack, moved the heater controls in place of the Ashtray and moved the cig lighter into the arm rest with USB cable connected.

Ive actually just ordered a "Nexus 7" Tablet now to replace the Tab 2, as there is a ROM/OS called "AutoDroid" which makes it a full car friendly usable device as per attached.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachments/img-20150419-wa0029-jpeg.390585/

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Do you have a picture of relocate ac unit?
And let us know more about the nexus when you get it. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Got a Nexus 7 off eBay for 50 quid, so cheaper than buying double din :)

Ordered 1 of these also https://www.google.je/search?q=RTL2832U+based+USB+DVB-T+dongles&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-je&client=safari#hl=en-je&q=RTL2832U+based+USB+DVB-T

Along with a OTG split cable which will enable charging of device and the FM dongle for FM hopefully.. :)

4 Port Power Micro USB Host OTG Hub Power Charging Adapter Cable for Samsung HTC | eBay

http://youtu.be/CK2Qghpf7bA
Please let me know if you can find a way to make the FM radio work with the tablet. :(

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Looks really good the dash!

What did you learn / would you do different if you did it again?

Fancy making some more :wavey::chuckle:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
i had my heater controls in the armrest box as it had an adapter lead extension if that helps anyone out
I soldered extension cables to it (30 cables :eek:) but if there is a adapter lead extension let us know. Many people asked me and i didn't know if there is any to buy.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Looks really good the dash!

What did you learn / would you do different if you did it again?

Fancy making some more :wavey::chuckle:
The wife will divorce me if she sees one more drup of epoxy in th eliving room. :runaway:
i will look into this becouse many people has asked me if i can make some more.
If i can find a place/workshop and the time then yes.

What i have learned: It is very hard to keep the carbon structure in the right way. once you lay the carbon down there is no going back. If i am going to do this many more times for you guys, then i have to get a vacuum pump. :chuckle:

i will look into this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
New update
I am looking for carbon dash for a while now. They are not easy to find and if i can find one it will cost one of my kidneys :D After watching a lot of DIY videos and reading other forums i have decided to make my own. Yes with real carbon fibre and epoxy. Not the fake carbon wrap. Looks good i think for my first attempt at home. :D

Im trying to do the same, ordered stuff already and testing now on some bits and bobs i have laying around yours look reallygood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 123 Posts