GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys might be interested in the new turbo set up going in next week. These bad boys just got in.

I will be doing some R&D for Bullseye Power, who is a race distributor for Borg Warner.

We originally plan to fit the new S200 with a special made T2 flange to fit in the stock location, but discussing this more in detail this was not fesible because of it's size.

These turbos are rated up to 550hp each and spool time is quicker than a comparable bb turbo.

I will also purchase a set of Garretts in comparable sizes to do more comparison and may rebuild my HKS's 2530's and mount them in top position to do some test.

the manifolds will be custom made along with new pipings again (old pie cut will be up for sale), with new custom 3" o2 housings, tial wastegates, Apex pump feeding with a custom surge tank and weldon pump with dual greddy rails and SX regulator.

Future mods are a forged motor along with a Jun intake manifold with a Q45 throttle body.

John

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
They look the business........let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look the business........let us know how you get on.
I'll get some comparison pics against the standard turbos, 2530's and the S200's.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are a couple of pics of the compressor inlet size

John

Inches

CM

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have very high hopes for these turbos, I'm expecting at least 50whp gain at the same psi and at least 500+ RPM quicker spool up time.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are just oil cooled.

one of the 2530's let go on me, but they did put down very impressive numbers.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I paid less than retail and retail I believe are about $1300-1400 each (or less) I'll double check.

Here are some comparisons (not the best but you understand)

BTW the S200 I got the AR's are close to the 2530's for comparison purposes

The heart of my girl:

Here is a good comparison on the BWA turbos against the Garretts:
Supraforums - TPS tests new turbos, for real this time

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! Yeah the 2530's are about the same sizes as the stock turbos.

BTW the 2nd pic with the ruler is MM, so the inlet inducer size is 57mm.

John

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not bad at all. Would love to see the dyno sheets after all that's dialed in. Yeah, that engine bay is the bomb.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
VERY nice, I'm loving the custom pipework...awesome!
Were you impressed with the 2530's when they worked????? LOL

TT

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. Such a waste the pipe have to come out for the new turbos :(.

The 2530's were great but they had a huge lag on my car. I put my old N1's back on yesterday and boy oh boy, it is a huge night and day difference with the lag.

BTW, I was told the 2530's I have look to be GT-RS's. I'll have to measure the inlet and let everyone know.

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sweet set up John ! I'll have to stay in touch with you as you shoot for your HP goals. i'll Pm you regarding my RB plans and see if I can glean anything from you.( I'm in Missouri,USA)I've got some nice HKS cams and gears awaiting install.....can't seem to comitt to the spoolers as of yet.
First time I've seen anyone reach for the switzers for an RB.
Cheers.............Vinny

·
Registered
438 Posts
John...speaking of a JUN intake manifold...I am getting that also...but I was looking at a top secret 100mm throttle body instead of the Q45 throttle body...why not go a little bigger?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My choice was because I still have AC in the car and would like to retain the IAC, if I go aftermarket I will not be able to retain that.

Also my IC is huge, I'm sure there is a massive pressure drop with the IC, I'm thinking a slight bottleneck might help a little with the low end response.

John

1 - 20 of 28 Posts