GTR Forum banner

My new car! :) ............

6K views 56 replies 28 participants last post by  Verinder1984 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

SO - im sure most of you have been thinking about what next after the GTR. Tbh is something Iv been thinking about for over 2 years.

I didn't have a massive budget but I was thinking around the 50-60k mark:

-my11 gtr?
-Audi r8 (v8 or v10)
-porsche 911 GTS
-Bentley SS
-04-05 reg lambo
-Ferrari f430
-Ferrari 612

The 3 biggest points for me were acceleration / handling / cars that will hold value (or have bottomed out)

You'll be glad to know I have kept my GTR as I use it daily, its fast and comfortable enough and gets huge attention since the wrap!

Iv always fancied a classic car something I would get my hands dirty with.......
cheeky vid (of me on private road :)
e9687015d08b086d739db8b3cc9138031_zpsb4f35e6f.mp4 Video by verinder1984 | Photobucket

Black porsche 911 (993) c2 - with Gemballa body kit and exhaust. BBS LMs (which im currently getting refurbed to mirror polish)

The car is black but as you can see in this pic the metalic paint gives a tiny flick of gold/brown under direct sunlight. (which Im yet to see! as i took the car to northways for few mechanical bits)
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The car has 92K miles on the clock and I loved ever minute of the 8.5 hour Drive home from aberdeen! (560miles ish). Car didnt miss a beat ( apart from squeeky loose alternator belt.

soz I havnt got more pics I booked the car straight in with northways to do the following :

-Various oil leaks :~(
-Water in foot well - I think i know what this is something to do with the sunroof drainage getting blocked /disconnected over time which forces water to run down the door hinges. :blahblah:
-Gemballa lowering springs
-RS short shift gear linkage
-New dics and pads all round
-cat by pass :thumbsup:
-Full service
-RS light weight clutch fly wheel
-Wheel allignments / geo
-inspect alternator belt / why its slipping
+ anything else they find! (and there has been a few things)

When I get the car back I will be doing:
-New real lights (iv already done these)
-new headlight lenses (iv already done these)
-LED dash upgrade (changing orange glow to crisp white glow)
-front fog light covert to TURBO S air vent with LED light
-Roll cage paint to match the car
-Third break light Turbo style (roof spoiler)
-Ill be arranging a remap too
-chase a few dash rattles ( a few rattles show up from a cold start might as well chase them now i can image itl get worse later on plus ill have the dash out)
-Induction/soundbox/cold air conversion - this makes me giggle but basically I drill a few holes in the stock air box, change the filter (should be done with the service) - pull out stock chrome tube which feeds air to box and replace it with a snorkle looking thing. this way it takes colder air from near the fixed spoiler and not the 'warmer' engine bay.
-Arrange respray on front bumper / bonnet/ wings
-Arrange good detailer (hoping to get a posh detail for cheap because of the time of year. who the hell details a car before storage) i think ill be using this car 1 a week through winter and spring.
-transfer other number plate to car VER11N

anyway once all the work is done I will take more pics and post them up.

I want to say thank you to every one who bought parts from me sold like 7 steering wheels, 2 sets of alloys! 2 sets of rubbers, 1x new front, 2 fronts, etc etc. Selling these part (cheap) meant I could blag the true cost of the car to the mrs.

#Yeaaaaaabooooyyy!

Verin

See less See more
#3 ·
Lovely car mate.....looks way nicer than the newer models...proper classic!

Will be watching the thread to see how you progress with it:thumbsup:

#5 ·
A friend of mine bought one 3 years ago, great fun and lovely drivers car. Apparently they are going up in value too :thumbsup:

Mind you he got done for speeding -106mph driving it back from the garage and was banned for 2 months......

#6 ·

Cheers for comments guys. Will defo post pics once i'v done the bits. No way am I ready to give up the gtr!

vxrcymru - hopefully i wont be caught speeding being used to gtr power i dont feel like driving fast in the 993, just late gear changes 4-5k and powering out of corners/round abouts is fun enough.

Until i get the car on track im not going to push the car its a lil scary. the front gets all light and the rear has good grip but you get the feeling that its either got grip or not (no signs of about to slip and when it decides its had enough ull be sliding) - oh and i love dropping the clutch and giving it a blip when under tunnels. I have a tunnel at the bottom of my street and the exhaust pops! :) i cant image what itl sound like when i get it back decatted.

#15 ·
+1 its very hard not to go crazy with the modding!

I have a plan! im keeping it Gemballa!

just bought
Gemballa lowering springs
Gemballa Stamped exhaust tips (the guys who bought the exhaust didnt touch the cats and saved himself like £800 no getting the STAMPED tips!)

I think going the Gemballa route will only help its value.... I have contacted Gemballa and it turns out they stopped making parts for the 993 ages ago! so even if I have 50K to spend on the car to give it the full Gemballa works I couldn't Body styling parts always pop up every few months (dial, door sills, steering wheel, peddals, etc) I can snap them up no probs.

Wonder if I will ever see someone selling their bi-turbo power upgrades.:chuckle: Im not fussed about power at the moment as the gtr provides in that department.

I have read everywhere the 993 can handle 100hp more easily and still be reliable to use daily. If I do upgrade might go down the supercharge route. I cnt even image what 450-550 hp would feel like in that thing! RWD no TC (on boost). I know i wouldnt be able to handle it. With the super charge its progressive power which should be nice an easy to use. I dont know its early days. Something I can consider in couple of years.

#17 ·
RE: the wing im going to leave only because its Gemballa. (my choice would have been duck tail)

I found it on the 911 forum. Forum member look after their cars :) so you know your in safe hand plus you can search if the owner has had any problems in the past etc.

#21 ·

Cheers for comments guys.

Grahamc- 911uk.com

I think duck tail is intergraded with whole boot lid (single piece) i am alway keeping an eye out for few hundred pounds it worth buying secondhand and even having a second set of rims.

These are just extra so rush.

Plus i should keep a tiny budget for the gtr ( incase it develops a fault) thats my daily and gets first priority.

#23 ·
Cheers for comments guys.

Grahamc- 911uk.com

I think duck tail is intergraded with whole boot lid (single piece) i am alway keeping an eye out for few hundred pounds it worth buying secondhand and even having a second set of rims.

These are just extra so rush.

Plus i should keep a tiny budget for the gtr ( incase it develops a fault) thats my daily and gets first priority.
Thanks

Look forward to seeing how this progresses ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.