GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after long thinking and looking at other cars, i decided to head back down the skyline route and go for another GTR.

Was going to buy this car 10 months ago but didn't as I bought my black one and the opportunity came up again so I decided this time to go for it. I'm not supposed to be able to drive a manual as ive trouble with my left ankle but for some reason i can manage the clutch on this car fine as its so high up. I couldnt get over how I could drive it but im not arguing lol. Insurance is very cheap me too and i couldn't believe it as im only 22 :D

The spec

98 R33 GTR
106k kms
Engine rebuild with genuine parts and all receipts by nissan 10k kms ago
Stock Rb26
Factory xenon headlamps
non V spec model

it has some form of suprious catback otherwise its bog standard. Got a really good deal on it too :thumbsup: The only thing I'd change on the car is if I could get the front lip sprayed back to the original black matt finish

I'm buying the car off a nissan dealership which is really interesting:thumbsup:

I'm collecting her tomorrow morning, I don't think I'll sleep tonight :D

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Looks a nice car.

Top tip for you, if you want the splitter to look like it did from the factory, use satin black paint on it. Trust me, it will come out looing like the origional item, best of all you can get if from Halfords for a couple of quid!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Nice car (series 3), and nice color! Of course, I'm biased...

Good tip Jags, I repaired my front splitter just as you said. If you decide to prep the piece by taking all the silver paint off, just make sure you use a primer that is designed for plastic, not FRP, in order to keep some flexibility in the paint, otherwise it will crack very easily when dry.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
cant understand why you would want to change the colour of the front splitter i think it finishes the look off, gives a modern twist to a timeless classic but doesnt look out of place.... KEEP IT!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Collected her today, absolutely chuffed:clap::clap::clap:

Cheers lads, I bought her from ken lawford motors, nissan dealership in dublin:thumbsup:

I'll get some pics up when the weather gets better, its lashing at the minute. Car is like new, cannot get over the condition of it, drives so smoothly too :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
cant understand why you would want to change the colour of the front splitter i think it finishes the look off, gives a modern twist to a timeless classic but doesnt look out of place.... KEEP IT!!!:thumbsup:
Agree it looks good, but if you lower your car at all, and have the series 3 front lip, then it gets scraped - ALL the time! So rather than have an unsightly scraped up/scratched splitter, I decided to keep mine the stock color - can't tell if the black paint gets scraped up, as the underlying plastic is molded in black.

Plus, I simply like my cars to be as close to standard lookinng as possible, so yes, in the end, personal preference...either way the car will look great!:D

Looking forward to some (more) pictures!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice car, congrats.
And + 1 on the front lip, it does scrape ALL the time! Mine is painted black to match my car, it looks good, but up close, you can see the damage. Not happy!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep +2 on the front splitter with the series 3. my front splitter was mint when i got the car. Got it lowered, now its pretty scraped. Dont drive it much either.
Enjoy though fella, looks like a great example, have fun with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find routing tables get 'corrupt' sometimes on the boxes; a power-reset on the router often speeds things up again. If you find that you need to reset daily, then it's time you find a new router. My belkin router went this way a while back, and I bought a NetGear - haven't had a need to power-reset it since.

But, definitely, adding things like bluetooth devices and accesspoints, new 2.4 and 5GHz cordless phones, UHF PVR remotes, microwaves, and other devices since you bought the router within 10-metres of the Router will all cause interference, and hence reduced WiFi speeds, and packet collisions/loss.

Ultimately, when things seem slow, bring the Aiported machine right beside the router, and see if things speed up. If it does, then you have a range/signal issue. A general rule of thumb in the Direct-Sequence Spread Spectrum 802.11 market; signals from an Access Point 'Drop' in elevation the farther you are from it, hence it's better that your Router is in fact a bit higher than your machine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts