GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i have had my engine rebuilt on my gtr but still throws a bit of white and blue smoke i was looking for any suggestions to what it can be. the engine is still under guarantee. or is it common for the smoke after a rebuilt. the turbo are re-con hybrids

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
A re-built engine shouldn't throw out any smoke. Take it back..

·
Registered
505 Posts
oil in the exhaust system still?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Its gonna be oil in exhaust system, its gonna need a good run before it clears out, i had same problem, took car down the motorway an gave it a good blast that soon got rid of it!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Its gonna be oil in exhaust system, its gonna need a good run before it clears out, i had same problem, took car down the motorway an gave it a good blast that soon got rid of it!
Surely it will need running in for a few hundred miles before it gets 'a good blast'.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Surely it will need running in for a few hundred miles before it gets 'a good blast'.

Yep, but if the car has 3 miles on it and hasnt been run in he may be OK, as it could be oil in the exhaust. If he has run it in for 600 miles, has jumped on it and still has smoke he is difinately going to need to find out what that rebuild "guarantee" is worth...

It would also be helpful if you described when the smoke happens...at start up, on shift changes...down shifts? :popcorn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts