GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My race car project,something a little different..

I think its about time that I posted some pics of this unique project race car.Whats started out as a bit of a joke one evening in my friends garage soon progressed into an actual plan and now a full on race car build.

I have 2 very good people on board with me to make this project happen and make it special.It was a left hand drive race car,but now its a right hooker.
I hope some of you might be facinated by this and its progress and build.It involves alot of fabrication,engine work and a fair bit of custom carbon fibre too.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Looking good mate are you in an alfa series?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think i just saw this tonight up in Wicklow;)
Coming along nicely Pat.
It's a real sleeper look to it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looking good !!!!!
Ive heard a few wispers about this car , def going be something else now !!!!!!
Keep the updates coming.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi mate seen your car a few times looking very nice, going to be some job when you have finished with it.I have to say fairplay for doing something a little different best of luck with it. ps like that the ramp aswell;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks banzai g and thanks Iano C for your comments.

Been quietly working away on this project at the weekends and when I have had some spare time,and after a quick chat with someone 1st,I decided it was time to show the project on this forum.

The 1 major thing that I have learned from this so far is that I dont rush head long into something like this,that careful thought and planning are required to do it,and to do it right 1st time around.Also I have learned alot of hands on skills and mechanical related stuff that I would never have known about only for this project and the massive help and guidance from 1 or 2 important people that are involved in this car and its build.

I hope to have it up and running for the 1st quarter of next year.Its certainly going to be different,but sometimes different can be a good and interesting thing.:thumbsup:

Thanks.

PS - Iano C.....yeah,that ramp is nice,isnt it.;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Told you its a bit different.:thumbsup:

Engine sits 8 inches further back in under the windscreen,so this will give better center of gravity and should handle very well.Alot of fabrication work was done to get this all to fit and also still have space to work on engine and gearbox when its in the car.

Hopefully you like.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
super cool project :D
Well its amazing what can happen from an inital joke over a cuppa tea while looking at the Alfa and Skyline parked up side by side and comparing the wheel bases.

I am truely amazed,as even I did not believe that this could be done,until I actually saw the engine installed in the car.

Hats of to my engine builder and also a fabricator friend of his for some amazing work and determination/belief too.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts