GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all I got my GTR today ! A few niggles but overall a cracking car with loads of goodies on it !!

Sorry about the pics but the weather wasnt great so it got dirty just getting it somewhere light enough to take some !

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do mate yes :) But I will post it up once im sure that its accurate as theres a few things on it im a bit dubious about ! LOL

All in all though it is a fully forged lump, possibly an N1 block running the big apexi AX75 turbo. Its mated up to a custom made titanium manifold, theres a huge external wastegate which is watercooled. Its got what looks to be a full trust exhaust system.

The bodykit is all Trust genuine stuff, though I believe the front bumper albeit a trust item is actually a customised R34 one.

Like I say though I need to make sure some of the stuff on the spec list is indeed true however so far it all seems to be there.

Full HKS hard pipe kit and FMIC, twin Z32 Mafs, SARD 720cc injectors, Quantum Coilovers.

The only think Im gutted about is that the centres for the wheels are missing :( I hope I can find some somewhere !

I will confirm as much as I can and get a proper spec list up ASAP :)

Goes well though ! but got a wastegate issue just now so having to take it easy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to add, the car was an Original JVS/Powervehicles Andy Gray car imported through the Edinburgh garage back in 2004. Got all the paperwork etc etc and it was apparently built by Garage Fukui now knows as SPL Phoenix's Power.

I have contacted them in Japan and am awaiting confirmation of them building it and its true spec.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You have yourself a fine gtr there. Like the bodykit and it sits very well. Sweet! :thumbsup: Will be good to find the cars true spec so you know what you're dealing with.
I have some Volk centre caps but unfortunately they're attatched to the wheels on my car! lol! I think newera had some, so it might be worth giving them a bell. Trades under Matty32 on here.
Like you said, take it easy until the wastegate things sorted, then enjoy it to its full!:D

Jon

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the comments Jon, Ill be down to nab your wheel centres later :) LOL :)

Im just up so off out to piss off the neighbours and see if I can fix the wastegate issue, its a case of ripping out vac pipes so at least it shouldnt be noisey at this time of the day ! LOL

Hoping to get some better pictures later today too :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL cheeky begger ! I already have a good one but these were just snapped quickly with my iphone in a badly lit car park hence the crap quality :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
As Matty said, doesn't look like an R34 modified - just a Trust Gracer R32 front, have the same on my GT-R :)

Lovely looking car and decent spec - love the wing

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Top 32 - good find - apart from that rear wing (not my cup of tea.)

Which type of quantums are fitted?

We need more pics!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been mainly concentrating on my wastegate issue so apologies for lack of more details and pics, starting to get a bit of a spec list together now though and can confirm alot of the parts claimed to be fitted are indeed there :)

Ill try to get some proper shots of her tomorrow for you guys. And hopefully some sort of a spec list up !

Indeed your right it is the trust gracer r32 GTR full kit including the bumper :) Its not a modifed r34 one as the previous (for a short period) owner had said. To be fair he did say he honestly didnt have a clue about cars !!

I have contacted Phoenix's Power in Japan who built the car and hopefully they can tell me more.

If anyone knows what spoiler it is can you let me know ? I have no Idea of the make !

I have some questions regarding the engine for you guys too, I know r32 GTR's normally have a Black rocker/Cam cover and a black plenum.

I know the engine in mine was fully rebuilt 5000 miles ago before it was brought to the UK HOWEVER, my cam covers are Silver and I dont just mean painted silver, they look factory finish ?? Did any GTR's come with silver cam covers ??

Also my plenum is Silver too and not painted. As expected too everything is brand new. Hopefully you will see what I mean from the pictures when I put them up tomorrow.

Someone suggested it may be a Greddy plenum as it seems to sit lower ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Top 32 - good find - apart from that rear wing (not my cup of tea.)

Which type of quantums are fitted?

We need more pics!!!!
Not got a clue mate !! there purple kinda HKS colour, they are height adjustable but certainly not damping adjustable from the top as far as I can tell. Ive not had a chance to look at them properly though as I need to get the key for the wheels off the bloke as it wasnt with the rest of the stuff LOL

Its just the std internal type hex key but I gave mine away with my RX7 lol ! hope I dont get a puncture till I get the key !

PS ..... im a fud !!! the wheels centres are all there after all, they just dont cover the nuts like I thought they should LOL

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Adjustable Quantums either have a round adjuster on the top of the piston rod that you can twist with your fingertips or have a small hole that you use a 3mm allen key in.

You can get non-adjustable and double adjustable (remote gas canister) versions too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahh they are then, theres a wee hole in the top :)

What are they like ? I mean are they meant to be any good ? They feel pretty good although I think one of the rears is knocking slightly despite them being almost new ! LOL It may just be a topmount though. Still to check :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts