GTR Forum banner

481 - 500 of 852 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
i know what it feel to have your car off the road for 5 year... i'm in the same boat has you. Your start the project with and idea and after the plan get bigger and bigger and tahn some unplanned thing happen in the life so the project take even more time to realise. But after all that time and effort , i can't imagine how good i'm gonna feel to drive my car again!

Nice car, nice projects , keep it up!

Chris

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Just a small thing but something that had been niggling me for a while...

Decided to remove the pipe from right hand master cylinder to union and replace with a small bit of hose...

The pipe was not sitting square in the pipe ends and so was leaking slightly. This solves the problem..

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #485

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
What kind of fittings would I need to use to fit them on a stock setup? I plan on using one for the front and one for the rear.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #488

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
What kind of fittings would I need to use to fit them on a stock setup? I plan on using one for the front and one for the rear.
Just used M10 Tee-pieces as you can see in the pic. Picked up the sensors for about £20 a pop from Ebay. Think they're off some Merc or Audi or summat like that!!! If I have still got the info, I'll dig out the Bosch part numbers!!

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Thanks, but what about unions and connectors so I can fit them between the BMC and the OE lines.
Not really considered how to fit to a std setup but it wouldn't be hard. You'd just need to cut into both your lines front and rear and install a tee-piece like mine. Obviously you'd need to pick fittings (your choice whether to go metric or imp....M10 or 3/8") and reflare the ends appropriately (single or double flare depending on your tee-piece as not all take a single flared end!! Then fit the sensors and then bleed the system.

I'd take a stab at suggesting you should fit the sensors PRIOR to the ABS pump but then, as I say, I havent really considered a std setup....

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Bosch sensors (pt no 0 265 005 303) getting the right connectors was dead easy as it tells you on the Bosch spec sheet
In case you are interested...

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #493 (Edited)
Since it was a nice evening after work I decided to do a bit to the sandblast cabinet I've been making...

A mate was binning his fridge-freezer and so I liberated one of the glass shelves :chuckle:. I feel I've done my bit for recycling....
Anyway, I cut the aperture with the jigsaw and profiled some batons on the compound table on the pillar drill so that the glass would be held in place. That seemed to work well!! Also, wired in the 3 roof lights..

Got a sandblast gun and some pickup hose the other day so all I need now is a grating on which to place the items to be blasted.
At least now I can blast and paint my rear spoiler brace and get that back in as lying around without any protection has given it a good coating of surface rust...grrrrr!!!

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #494 (Edited)
So, there's been a bit of a cessation of activities on the GTR front over the last few months. As some of you may know, I bought a little 306 Rallye that needed saved from the scrapyard so all my time and effort has gone into getting that roadworthy. As that is now to all intents and purposes done I can turn my attention to the GTR..

The other day I got the ball rolling again and decided to buy a Coolingmist water/meth injection kit. I also bought (and received) a 10L tank for the boot....

Now in the best tradition, this is not straightforward as my boot is filled with fuel stuff and spoiler brace. So, after having a long think about it I have decided to take out some of the metal panel on the left hand side of the inner boot area. This should allow the tank a bit more room to sit. Managed to chisel out the spotwelds on the upper part and will need to cut the rest out with the grinder. Couldn't be arsed to do this this evening so it'll probably be one for the weekend.
I'll find a place for the pump (in boot) and it should be easy to route the pipe through the cabin into the engine bay. I have asked for a 700hp capable nozzle which should suffice. The plan is that, seeing this is a track ONLY car, it will be mapped on Tesco 99 WITH the water injection system active (using a 50/50 mix i reckon). Should see some decent gains there I hope.....

Also got the sandblasting cabinet operational with my mates small compressor. Blasted the rear brace, gave it a few coats of paint and installed it back in the boot. Looks MUCH better than it did.

Only issue now is that I have a VAST array of Pug 306 parts in my garage that I'll need to get rid off.....with parts prices SO much cheaper than Skyline stuff I wouldn't be greatly out of pocket if I just flung it all in the bin and forgot about it! I wont though and will try and get rid through the 306 GTI forum.

One last thing....Picked up a set of Aragosta coilovers that needed a (good) bit of TLC. Good news is that I'll be sending them off to AST in Gloucester who will service them for around £75 a corner. I have a feeling that they may need some internal parts but even if the rebuilds cost me £100 a corner then I'm still very much quids in. When I emailed the chap at AST initially he was very complimentary about the coilovers and said they were excellent units and premium products. Looking forward to swapping them for the current setup and seeing what all the fuss is about. They DO look the nuts though with separate Eibach helper springs and mains......

TT

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #496

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
Got cracked on with the water injection setup seeing as my pump etc came today. Unfortunately the kit was minus solenoid so hopefully that'll be along soon. Mind you, it's not like the Skyline's going anywhere soon anyway!!

Cut the inner boot bulkhead bit to make way for the reservoir...

Need to get a float switch for the tank and get it installed at some point. As I said previously, the idea would be to have the car mapped on Tesco 99 WITH 50/50 meth/water and run that as default. I would also have a separate non water/meth map which could be initiated when the ECU receives a signal from the float switch saying tank is low.

Pump mounted as far back and as central as possible given constraints.....

Nylon tubing connecting reservoir to pump...

Will P-clip it to floor.

Tubing from pump through bulkhead into cabin....

Will try and route the tubing into the engine bay tomorrow and get all that out the way. Next job will be to drill and tap plenum (as near the inlet hole as possible) to take the nozzle. With a bit of care I believe I can get it drilled and tapped in-situ which would be great!!

Really felt a buzz today from resuming working on the GTR....it's been a while but I think that I need to spend some time finishing all the small, crappy jobs in prep for the ECU install and map.

TT

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Looks good mate, be intresting to see how you get on with the water meth injection. The push on an fittings with the blue hose looks good.

Dan

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
Was looking all sorry for itself in the garage this morning so I wheeled it out and gave it a wash.....

Seeing it looking a little fresher and minus the thick layer of dust made me realise just how badly I want it running.....

Will have to get the finger out I think!!!!

TT

481 - 500 of 852 Posts