GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally getting a few photos together even though I have this car over a year! Im gona put up pics as I find um according to how my little project has progressed.Some of the pics will be crappy as i was too lazy to get the camera while working on the car so the phone was the easy option! Its no mad track car or anything but every gtr is a bit of a project! So il start here with these pics, heres what it looked like when I bought it.
Pretty standard car when I bought it,jus what I wanted 360bhp plus standard interior.

Have a gud few pics of a few mods I done during the year so will post um during the week.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next was to fit a few bits I had knocking around. Like these.
And the wheels, had to get rid of those grey miserable things.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then I ordered a few interior bit like nismo gauges gearknob and mats to freshin up the interior.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Wheels transform the car!
Nice one.
;)
bob

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next job was to get rid of what I thought was a standard ecu and fit an apexi, and get her running as gud as she cud with current mods. Once work was being carried out buy tuner we found this surprisingly!
Car ran 400bhp on standard tubs thanks to tdp and robbie.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
next step was to fit new brakes to try improve on the standard setup. so these came up and i snatched um, plus new do-lock stainless hoses.

Heres the before pics

and after

Have pics of the fronts to sumwhere.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone fitting 34 brakes to a 32 should flatten this piece with a hammer or the likes as the caliper is a bit bigger. Maybe a hammer is being a bit of a butcher but it does the job.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really into mad sound systems just a nice set of speakers, so a set of decent infinity crossovers for the doors wer on the cards. Very tight fit tryin to fit them behind the door card. Unsure should I fit a piece of wood around the speaker rather than the big air gap, would they sound better if I made a wooden seal around them?

The central locking looks aftermaket, wierd thought it was standard. Or maybe they jus fitted it new as it was better than the original locking system.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
For some reason allot of Japanese cars need these mods to fit alarm controlled central locking as I believe in Japan car theft crime is less common and so less need for alarms. So the key controlled central locking opereated by turning the key in the drivers door just operates the passenger automatically, and not vice versa.
(so I was told by my alarm fitter anyway!)
;)
bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
car looks well, think i saw the car parked at a GAA match in Killarney some time ago, great to see two grey r32 gtr's on the same street.........anyway my central locking appears to be the same with the doorcard removed and its '89 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not really into mad sound systems just a nice set of speakers, so a set of decent infinity crossovers for the doors wer on the cards. Very tight fit tryin to fit them behind the door card. Unsure should I fit a piece of wood around the speaker rather than the big air gap, would they sound better if I made a wooden seal around them?

I would deffinately get some MDF and make a surround for them. After making one for mine the sound was so much better. There's a template roaming around here somewhere. Just do a search and I'm pretty sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did those old rear brakes even work? Nice car btw :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice theory on the central locking foretoes it makes sence too, I feel a bit more educated now!
Turbo jerry, I fitted r34 disks aswell I presume you would have to, And then they bolt straight on. just one job if I remember correctly the front hubs have 12mm holes to bolt on the callipers but the 34 has 14mm bolts so drill out the two mm handy enough job.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
car looks well, think i saw the car parked at a GAA match in Killarney some time ago, great to see two grey r32 gtr's on the same street.........anyway my central locking appears to be the same with the doorcard removed and its '89 :thumbsup:
Hey 787 driver, your right went to the cork kerry game! didnt see any other gtrs dat day doh! where about you located? Thats mad about the central lockin must be common mod so if you get an alarm fitted, make sence doh.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The next job for her was to rid of the aircon, iid sacrifice it no probs for the weight saved plus we only get two sunny days in ireland a year and they will be windy enough to keep ya cool!
So the poor ol car looked like this

Plus this made good room for my next little job which was fitting an oil cooler to my oil relocator kit. Mounted it 3 times to get the right spot, worked out nicely in the end, well I think anyway!

Up through the back of the drivers headlight

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
woa cuda done with rotating a few of those!
And yes the car is filthy before anyone comments! its cryin out for bit of tlc which it will get soon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts