GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this isn't really a projects section, but I thought I'd post up some pictures of what I've been upto with my gts.

Bought this last august, had one practice day with DriftUK and realised it needed a couple of things doing before if was ever gonna be much good, so it came off the road on the 27th September, were it's been ever since.

Started off like this, completely standard but not terribly tidy:

After the drift practice day it was clear I needed a set of coilovers, and maybe a better diff, so I took it off the road while I got the money together for the coilovers.

As it was off the road doing nothing, I thought I'd rip the interior out as it was a free mod, (and the interior wasn't in great condition anyway!):

More to follow.

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Everytime I managed to save up a bit of money I saw something I wanted to buy, first it was a pair of seats:

Then a set of wheels, (so I can use the standard wheels at practice days and drive home on these):

As we're House Of Kolor distributors we got a deal/sponsorship on some paint, which I'm saving until I've had a bit of practice:

Next I got rid of the sunroof as it leaked and I didn't want my new seats to go mouldy:

And while I was welding/filling/painting, I got rid of the boot spoiler:

Neither job is done very well, but I'll tidy it up when I paint it properly.

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next I got all the unused wiring removed completely, (more for piece of mine than anything else):

Other parts I bought are:

Welded diff:

Camber adjustable front top arms:

Front tension rods:

Rear traction rods:

Rear camber arms:

Then I bought a set of HKS coilovers off Ebay, turned up with the valves snapped off, so Alex from Sumo Power gave me the number of a company that could revalve then and regas them. When they came back one was leaking quite badly and it appeared one has a seized spring seat, so after a lot of arguing with Ebay, Paypal and the credit card company, I was told that as I'd involved a third party, (the repair), I had no chance of getting my money back, all the time the guy I bought them off ignored me!

So just under £400 worse off and with knackered suspension I lost interest a bit, until dad lent me th emoney for a set of TEIN Super Drift, (which he didn't tell me until the arrived at work! :D ):

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't waste any time in getting the coilovers and the rest of the suspension bits fitted, looks like it's gonna take a lot of setting up though, with all teh bits that can now be adjusted!

And back down on its new wheels:

The backs as low as it'll go, and the fronts as low as it'll go and still allow the wheels to turn. I'm expecting it to drop a bit more as the springs bed in.

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also been working on the dash, as I need somewhere to put the switches and guages, not sure I like it but it's ok as a first attempt, (and still needs finishing):

Thats it so far, just need to fit the diff, re-route all the brakes now the ABS pump is off, fit a HICAS bar, make a frame for the passenger seat, (so it can be removed to get tyres in the back), and get it MOT'd.

It's taken 11 months so far, but I finally feel I'm getting somewhere! :D

Alex B

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is one hell of a project you're embarking on there, House of Colour paint job aswell, that will be one sweet drift machine!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awesome project there Alex :popcorn:

Maybe you should name and shame the ebay user so atleast the rest of the Skyline community never deals with such a ******!

Look forward to seeing more progress!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally!

Awesome! I've been waiting for a thread like this.
Do me a favor, please. Could you add purchase info on the parts (where and how much)? That would be like christmas for me.

Keep up with the updates. :clap:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice project.. wow.. cant wait till the final!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hey Alex,

Loving this post....well done so far on this project :clap: Can't wait for the next installment and of course seeing the car in the end! :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

Claire

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Should be cool once its done :cool: Good call on not painting in yet, concentrate on skills first or youl just worry too much about ruining the paint!

[email protected] getting so exited tho like this is the thread they all been waiting for, lol :D

If you looked at the Projects section on Driftworks there are countless threads like this www.driftworks.com ;)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The seats, wheels and diff I bought second hand, everything else we can supply, pm or email me for prices, [email protected] .

I'm not gonna be worried about damaging the paint or kit/bodywork, if it gets damaged we'll patch it up, this really isn't gonna be a show car that gets drifted, it's gonna be a drift car :thumbsup:

Alex B

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Alex j B said:
I'm not gonna be worried about damaging the paint or kit/bodywork, if it gets damaged we'll patch it up, this really isn't gonna be a show car that gets drifted, it's gonna be a drift car :thumbsup:
That sounds goooooooooooooooooooooood:clap:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a few more pictures, of the front suspension bits this time:

The front camber, not sure if this is as much negative as the top arms can get or not, but both sides are about the same:

I also fitted the solid steering bush:

And lastly, for this update, is the Driftworks sticker :D :

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't had much time to spend on the gts recently due to doing a load of repair work on the workshop, but have done a couple of little jobs so thought I'd update the thread. :D

Just before we started work on the workshop I removed all the ABS bits and ran new brake lines, just got round to taking some pics:

1 into 2 splitter, as I kept with an ABS master cylinder, so only had the one pipe out for the front which would have gone into the ABS pump:

New pipe work for the front nearside caliper, (not the prettiest looking brake line but never mind!

I went to work today to fit my harness, I decided to just fit them to the standard rear seatbelt mounts, I know it's not ideal, but is only temporary until I get a cage made with a bar on to fit them to properly.

Does this look like an ok way of fitting the harness'?

Then I decided to take a picture of my 2 Skylines together! :D

Alex B

·
Registered
504 Posts
hehe nice! Reminds me of my first pic of the two R32's together way back in November last year.

The GTSt will look so much better with the kit on it though mate, my Bee*R kit should be in Southampton now!!! :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts