GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a while ago I posted this:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/95746-impul-boot-badge-removed-nissan-badge-wanted.html

due to funds (or lack therof)/snowboarding/misses blah blah I hadnt got round to getting my 33 into a bodyshop to sort the bootlock out and rid of the hole left by the "accessory" that it came from Japan with.

Those of you, who cant be ar5ed to click on the link see pics:

Much to my dismay though, when I removed said "accessory" I found that the guys in JPN had literally ripped out the lock and BOLTED the thing on leaving a fair bit of damage

So in the meantime I've been rocking the official non-JDM masking tape :smokin: (I know you guys are jealous!) lol

So last night, I finally dropped the R33 off at Lemass bodyshop near High Wycombe after hearing some really good things about them, and getting a very decent quote.

Here's the progress the guys made today:

I've got to say, its been an absolute pleasure dealing with them so far, and I cant wait to see the final result! I'll post up some pics when its all done... :thumbsup:

Even for the work so far the guys at Lemass deserve a free plug!!
Check out
Lemass Automotive - Home

or give Tom a call on 01494 874347

·
Registered
998 Posts
Mate im thinking of getting rid of the boot badge on the back and just having the boot opened from in the car.... can i ask how much it cost, inc re-spraying please? If you dont want too on here, please PM.

Cheers! :)

·
Administrator
31,783 Posts
just make sure you never hit that little lug in the boot that disables the in car opener

mook

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Filler

Did they weld the hole over or use filler on it only?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
he welded it then filler

Tom is a mate of mine, does some really good work.

The garage is in Chalfont St Peter, between uxbridge and high wycombe i suppose you could say. Near gerrards cross in case people are interested :)

im popping over there on saturday to see him about my front splitter which the AA decided to scuff and bend when winching my car on to their truck! :chairshot

How did you hear of him n15mo?

He is about to start on James from motoraddicts mr2 tomorrow, getting a full kit fitted. Should be good!

Chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was James from Motoraddicts that recommended him to me :smokin: (he sits opposite me at work!) lol

What time are you heading up there on Saturday? I'm prob picking up the car up then too! I'm definitely sending all the work on my car to Tom in the future... top bloke!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
haha oh fair enough then! lol

i recommended him tom to james! :D

I dont know, what time are you heading over? will go over when you do, can get a look at your car! :)

He is a nice guy, did my friends audi the other day, general repairs, turnaround is very quick and so is quality!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol cool - small world!

I'll let you know what time I'm heading over on saturday (need to speak to Tom first to confirm) Cant wait! :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
looks good mate
will pm you my number, if youre still picking it up tomorrow give me a text and ill pop over.

chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took some more pictures of the finished article at the weekend (and got bored and played with photoshop:flame:)

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts