GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Well I couldn't get used to not having a Skyline so I went out and bought this and it is now in a million bits!

I will post some more upto date pics soon as these were taken in September when I got it and October when I started to strip it!

cheers

Martyn

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more upto date pics what do you think so far?

more to follow ;0)

Martyn

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

Hi

The calipers are refurbed originals done by my bodyshop where I live, they also have done all the body and paintwork including blending the bonnet lip in and squaring up the damaged rear wheel arch and boot surround area.

The car was used by Mines as a demo car in Japan according to the history I have been abe to get so far (inquiries on going) so I really want to make this car as good as possible,I have done the underside first and then the arches and brakes/suspension. I have done the suspension, clutch, gearbox, wheels and tyres. The body has been repainted and they are currently painting the bumpers,sideskirts,new aero mirrors and all the interior trim. I have swapped all the dash bulbs inc the key surround ring with red LED's and they look awesome. When it is done I will put more pics and a spec sheet up.I will keep posting pics tho and some of the interior when it comes back from being leathered!

cheers

Martyn

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nice Martyn, really starting to take shape :) What mirrors are they? Ganador?
Looks like the same oil cooler and housing as mine. Do you know what make it is?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I see your still running the stock BOV's but just venting to atmosphere. What sorta noise do they make when changing gear? Im about to run that exact same intercooler kit so I loose the return piping.... but im going to get a pipe made up which runs behind the radiator and back up to the turbo's

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi V1H

no my car had no rust at all in hte front turrets and if it had I would have treat it with Trustan rust cure if was only surface rust if not the only way is to cut it out and put new metal in and then rust seal the whole area.

cheers

Martyn

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Piggaz

The stock valves were done like this by Mines who used to own this car so if its good enough for them its good enough for me! They make a strange high pitch squeal and then a chattering noise. These are also the same on my mates R33 N1 ex Garage TSA race car so they are the chosen way by a few tuners I guess.

hope this helps

Martyn

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Cliff

Thanks for the nice comments mate!

The oil cooler is a HKS one according to the stamps on it and on the oil filter housing converter.

The mirrors are Ganador full electric ones and came from Matty R32 through Newera mate

cheers

Martyn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts