GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought it was about time I started a project thread here.

Like many on here I'm sure, I first discovered the skyline on gran turismo when I was still in short trousers. I've wanted one ever since, well I finally have one now!

I've gone through a few cars to get here some interesting some not :eek:

Integra DC5 was a joy, spent a fortune on getting it just how I wanted it.

EVO 6 was a weapon

DC2 was a labour of love, the first car I built myself. I learned from the DC5 that chasing power figures and Hondas don't go very well together! So I spent my time and money making the chassis as stiff and light as possible, uprating the brakes and suspension, including all the bushes. It was like a go kart, pretty much the complete opposite to the GTR :chuckle:

Now onto the GTR I picked this R33 up at the right price with some money left to make it my own. At the moment I'm more than happy with the performance, I just want to get the handling setup, so any advice on parts to buy to enable a precise setup would be appreciated :D

Nice reflection shot in the Seat Mii daily :)

Oil delivery ready to in! Thanks to Opie for great price and service as usual

Replacement filters from JDM autolink, the other ones had been in over 10 years and had no brackets, so had to go!

Gear knob that was on when I got it was a Halfords special, it was glued on and was a nightmare to get off. Nismo replacement

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nice collection of cars! You have a similar car history as me, I used to own an Eg6 sir2 and spend alot on that, then bought a 33 and never looked back! Although I miss how cheap parts were for civic's compared to the skyline's!

And good choice of colour, silver is such a nice colour to have! Will keep an eye on your thread as I too own a silver R33 :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your comments :D seems there's more than a few ex Honda drivers on here!

Hopefully once I've moved house I'm going to buy another honda as a track beater!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Never had an Honda, but always liked the DC5, was down at TTS a couple of years back and they'd just supper charged and mapped one in excess of 380 horse, it was so clean as well.

Must admit the 33 looks really tidy and if the other ones are anything to go by, it will only get better

·
Registered
440 Posts
looks decent dude look forward your updates.

regarding upgrades, of all the things iv done to mine hands down the best bang for buck is whitetline roll bars. they really transform the car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never had an Honda, but always liked the DC5, was down at TTS a couple of years back and they'd just supper charged and mapped one in excess of 380 horse, it was so clean as well.

Must admit the 33 looks really tidy and if the other ones are anything to go by, it will only get better
Yeah supercharging used to the thing on the K20 but TDi have developed a turbo kit for it that seems to have taken over.

Interesting video below

INTEGRA TYPE-R ::: turbo conversion ::: HD - YouTube

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very nice looking r33 gtr - like your Honda's they are so well engineered as well - my son is just completing a turbo conversion with forged engine on his ek4 civic which is going to prove to be interesting - look forward to your updates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts