GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my car is a project in some ways, I'm not sure if this is a project thread as such but I shall give it a go and see how it pans out..

So I pulled the car out of the garage today given that no rain was forecast and thought I would take some pictures. Having seen a few R34 GTRs, I have noticed that there are very minor but interesting differences between them. So for my fellow R34GTR owners, please feel free to share your thoughts and the same to all those familiar with the R34 GTR..

Side Repeaters..

I didn't realise that there were different fitment side repeaters. The repeater (clear) in the middle is the one that I removed from the car in favour of a smoked Nismo unit supplied by Newera. The repeaters to the right and left are both smoked Nismo units but notice how one has 3 prongs and the other has 4 prongs. Quite odd. But thanks to Miguel for getting on the case and sorting matters out!

The boot area..

Some pictures here of the boot area..

The carpet cover bit with the straps. The straps are quite useful I find..

I couldn't help but notice that a Forum Member here sold a piece that finishes off the inside of the bootlid. My car doesn't have it. Was this an optional extra?

That would be the exhaust smoke in that last picture!!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quite a few R34 GTRs I have seen also have a Nissan badge that is notably larger than the one I have on mine.. Was the badge revised or do owners go for a larger badge?

The rear spoiler blade..

I am quite tempted by a Nismo or a Mines carbon fibre replacement but that can wait for now. Is this finish of the OE spoiler blade the standard finish or are there different finishes?

The Interior..

I think Nissan revised the switch layout certainly for the electric mirrors..

What optional extras could have been fitted here from factory?

Robson Leather steering wheel, Nismo clocks and shift knob kindly supplied by Newera..

I think the earlier R34 GTRs were finished in a lighter grey upholstery which I don't think I am overly fond of whilst the UK supplied R34 GTRs benefitted from black leather. The material in my interior is quite dark..

Armrest lid, handbrake and gear gaitors were refinished by Robson Leather to complement the steering wheel.. :)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel filler cap..

I have a new Nismo fuel filler cap cover but it is quite a bit bigger than the actual cap. I can't remember if this had any markings on it but is mine a generic fuel cap or is this OEM?

And some random pictures. Photobucket has in style done away with the photo quality so my apologies!

Water dripping from the Mines exhaust..

It was getting dark when I took these pictures so they appear quite grainy.. :(

Genuine R Tune bonnet supplied by Newera..

Smoked side repeaters now fitted..

Thanks for looking and feel free to post pictures of your R34 GTR so we can see where and what changes have been made.. :)

Big thank you to Matty32 and Miguel of Newera. And to the Polished Bliss team for all the cleaning goodies. :chuckle:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice catching up Kadir.

Amazing looking car, just gets better and better with the additions.

R Tune Bonnet is just something else :cool:

Az

·
Registered
26,460 Posts
very smart :)

there are a few other nismo bits which have come out for 34 which il send you a pic on next time we chat.

fuel cap - yeah its stock one.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
You are the reason I can't bring myself to buy an R34, I just know it won't be as mint as yours!!

Dream car.

Keep up the good work brother!

·
Registered
861 Posts
:bowdown1: just stunning... It's car's like yours that reminds me why I love GTR'S. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sorry Kadir this isn't a project, its a "look at my car thread".

But it is very nice.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very clean in did sir.
But you need to sort your number plate :)
I masked off the surrounding area of the front plate because I didn't want the garage door mechanism to foul the front bumper. :chuckle:

Sorry Kadir this isn't a project, its a "look at my car thread".

But it is very nice.
Thank you.

This is the only picture I had to go by when she was advertised for sale by the previous owner..

Really nice guy he was and was very forthcoming about the condition of the car. Completely stock minus a Nismo billet style tax disc holder which I binned as soon as I got the car home..

One of my first pictures after purchasing the car and beginning the drive home from Northern Ireland..

In fairness, I think a good number of project threads have "a look at my car thread" angle to them. Mine is no exception as I would like to share these pictures with fellow enthusiasts whilst being afforded an opportunity to learn more about the car.

And as you can see from the above pictures, there have been a few changes under my ownership. I suppose my goal is to keep the car as well maintained as I can and add my own touch by way of a few select modifications. :)

p.s. I still don't know who makes those eyebrows..?!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stunning Car Kadir, keep up the good work matey :bowdown1:

The trunk emblem was revised on 2001 and after models if i'm not mistaken matey !
Thanks Tony!

LOL.. Not sure that would be a good option seeing as I have no sunroof.. Now there is a question; did any Skyline GTR come with a sunroof option?

:bowdown1: just stunning... It's car's like yours that reminds me why I love GTR'S. :thumbsup:
Awesome car, love z tune bonnets :cool:
Thanks guys. Not sure what happened there with the multi-quotes.. :)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jaw droppingly gorgeous Kadir and a choice of mods are classy and unique. Keep it up
Thanks Sam! Hopefully come summer we can get the cars rounded up for some pictures..

Great car Kadir, keep up the good work !
Cheers mate..

Nice catching up Kadir.

Amazing looking car, just gets better and better with the additions.

R Tune Bonnet is just something else :cool:

Az
Thanks Az. I have always wanted the bonnet and decided last year to treat myself. It really is a great piece and transforms the look of the car!

You are the reason I can't bring myself to buy an R34, I just know it won't be as mint as yours!!

Dream car.

Keep up the good work brother!
Don't be silly brother! Just get one!! And thank you! :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
very smart :)

there are a few other nismo bits which have come out for 34 which il send you a pic on next time we chat.

fuel cap - yeah its stock one.
Cheers matty.. And yep, sure thing. Nismo goodies are awesome. I always have a shopping list. But not the funds. :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 212 Posts