GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Needs to be rubbed down with a scouring pad before it is clear coated.

Anyone having trouble finding nismo parts still in production should google the nismo catalogue 2016, its all in there including the blue nismo mirrors.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
So last year i was fortunate enough to be allowed to take my car and be part of a magazine article alongside a very beautiful 400R aka Sully. It was a brilliant day with perfect weather to take pics of the cars. The magazine called Modern Classics has been published and is on the shelves, so check it out if you get the chance. In the mean time here is a shot of the first page of the article

·
Registered
143 Posts
So last year i was fortunate enough to be allowed to take my car and be part of a magazine article alongside a very beautiful 400R aka Sully. It was a brilliant day with perfect weather to take pics of the cars. The magazine called Modern Classics has been published and is on the shelves, so check it out if you get the chance. In the mean time here is a shot of the first page of the article

Wow what an amazing picture, and cool name for the story, I wish we could buy that magazine here i would definitely grab a copy. I hope someone here can scan all the pages so i can check it out :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Just completed a full service on the car from Abbey Motorsports, a big thank you to Will who carried out the service.

Strip down begins

Nice Nismo radiator, which could have done with a good clean but due to the nature of the job we just did not have the time.

New parts being installed

Nismo spec spark plugs

Millers oils that were used, only the best will do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looking great bhp! Great to see quality parts going into the car and also interesting to see the Nismo radiator. It would be nice if Nismo would produce that radiator again although it was a bloody expensive option at about 180,000 yen when new :(

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Looking great bhp! Great to see quality parts going into the car and also interesting to see the Nismo radiator. It would be nice if Nismo would produce that radiator again although it was a bloody expensive option at about 180,000 yen when new :(
Thanks VSII, yes very rare piece to find as Will from Abbey highlighted, He noted that the core design with the inlet and outlet feeds on opposite sides to each other aided the cooling efficiency greatly over the standard item which has the inlet and oulet on the same side. :) i was just glad it was installed in the car :D

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Great service update BHP, looking fantastic :thumbsup:

Perhaps see you at Ace Cafe in 2 weeks time? :squintdan

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Great service update BHP, looking fantastic :thumbsup:

Perhaps see you at Ace Cafe in 2 weeks time? :squintdan

Hey JPS, thanks for the kind words, yes will be at the next Ace meet as long as the weather holds up.

Did you actually buy the NGK R 7436-8 plugs from Nismo or as NGK?

Spark plugs were not purchased from Nismo. Nismo sell the same part under a different part number 22401-RS436-8 but charge slightly more (approx £10) per plug. Also both part numbers are listed in the Nismo catalogue so we just went with the Cheaper option

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Hey JPS, thanks for the kind words, yes will be at the next Ace meet as long as the weather holds up.

Spark plugs were not purchased from Nismo. Nismo sell the same part under a different part number 22401-RS436-8 but charge slightly more (approx £10) per plug. Also both part numbers are listed in the Nismo catalogue so we just went with the Cheaper option
That's what I was concerned about hoping you got them as NGK with out the Nismo tax. I run the same plugs.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
That's what I was concerned about hoping you got them as NGK with out the Nismo tax. I run the same plugs.
with these spark plugs i was told by Abbey that switching the car on and then off straight away would "flood" the cylinder head with fuel and prevent the car from starting again. I have not risked this but have you found this to be true and do you start the car and leave on for a while or take it for a short drive?

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
I had problems with my old factory coils and occasionally they would start to miss and as a result plugs would get soaked and I'd have to clean them up and dry them out. Since fitting the R35 coils and that has been some 6 months not had the issue.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Been quite for a while so decided to put up a small update whilst we are on the topic of coils. My car developed an issue with #2 coil pack and started to misfire. Sounded rough and louder than usual and also lost power whilst driving which was quite noticeable.

Purchased some splitfire coil packs and had them installed.

Also decided to have some work done on the NACA duct on the bonnet and trimmed some of the entry of the vent and placed a larger type mesh grill in place.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
looking very tidy! :bowdown1:

Not sure if you know BHP, but 1 more R34 R-Tune has left these shores....only 3 left now. :eek:

selling yours? :cool:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #200 (Edited)
JP thanks for the kind words as always and no i had no idea, who sold up and where has the car gone?? Any idea on price or am i pushing too hard?

181 - 200 of 210 Posts